Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: My O2 Overhaul for Pay&Go Customers

@MI5

I was an O2 PAYG customer some years ago and I remember it being much easier to speak to Customer Services.

The phone system did it's best to avoid putting me through to someone.

When I did get through the line was a bit quiet and the lady I spoke to had a very strong South African accent so while very helpful, I did have to ask her a couple of times to repeat what she said.

She might have been, but I'm guessing she probably wasn't anywhere near Slough or Leeds Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Topics: 708

@Anonymous

I was also a PAYG customer until 6 years ago and I never once had a problem with customer services. I may have been lucky though, on the occasions I needed to speak to them I always got Leeds or Glasgow.

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 543

@Anonymouswrote:

@MI5

I was an O2 PAYG customer some years ago and I remember it being much easier to speak to Customer Services.

The phone system did it's best to avoid putting me through to someone.

They call it "Contact deflection"

Far cheaper to have all of us on here than employing one person to answer a telephone. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

@MI5

Indeed.

While I'm a big fan of technology (IT is a very boring career if you aren't) I do appreciate being able to speak to people when it comes to sorting problems with services.

That's why I bank with a particular bank and use a specific ISP who aren't the cheapest but based on personal experience wipe the floor with the big ones when it comes to sorting problems.