Did you mean: 

My O2 Overhaul for Pay&Go Customers

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Over the last few months we’ve been working to make some big improvements to My O2 for our Pay & Go customers.

You may have already noticed a number of changes but if not here’s a summary:

• We’ve launched a refreshed allowance and home page on our MyO2 app
  • We’ve introduced the ability for PAYG customers to add and remove PAYG bolt on’s
  • PAYG customers are now able to change their PAYG tariff from within the app.

MyO2new.png

we’re working to introduce a top up facility for customers in all My O2 channels including the app and better still you’ll be able to store your card details much like our Pay Monthly customers can do with the card wallet feature.

To accompany these changes we’ll be running some exciting prizes and incentives to encourage as many customers as possible to explore these new features so keep your eyes peeled!

So what are you waiting for? If you’re a Pay&Go customer and already registered for My O2, sign in to the app and check it out these new features today – you may need to visit your app store to ensure you’re on the latest version. The version you’re after is 8.9.2 or newer.

If you're not on My O2 yet register here

So, what do you think? Is this something you’ll use or have been waiting for? If you have any feedback about this new functionality, or about the MyO2 app in general, just let us know by leaving a comment below.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5

I was an O2 PAYG customer some years ago and I remember it being much easier to speak to Customer Services.

The phone system did it's best to avoid putting me through to someone.

When I did get through the line was a bit quiet and the lady I spoke to had a very strong South African accent so while very helpful, I did have to ask her a couple of times to repeat what she said.

She might have been, but I'm guessing she probably wasn't anywhere near Slough or Leeds slight_smile

Message 11 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous

I was also a PAYG customer until 6 years ago and I never once had a problem with customer services. I may have been lucky though, on the occasions I needed to speak to them I always got Leeds or Glasgow.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

@MI5

I was an O2 PAYG customer some years ago and I remember it being much easier to speak to Customer Services.

The phone system did it's best to avoid putting me through to someone.

They call it "Contact deflection"

Far cheaper to have all of us on here than employing one person to answer a telephone. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5

Indeed.

While I'm a big fan of technology (IT is a very boring career if you aren't) I do appreciate being able to speak to people when it comes to sorting problems with services.

That's why I bank with a particular bank and use a specific ISP who aren't the cheapest but based on personal experience wipe the floor with the big ones when it comes to sorting problems.

Message 14 of 14