cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto X - The best "pure Android" device out there?

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hello Moto Community,

Some of you are likely to have already seen the news, but... The Moto X is headed to the UK and O2 will have it available for customers in the coming weeks!

20130906T110847.png

Just look at that beauty! ^

This phone has seen a lot of positivity over in the States from critics and users alike. The handset features a solid spec sheet as well as Google Now getting a new lease of life thanks to 'touchless' controls. Simply say "OK Google Now" to set certain tasks without ever touching the device.

Some key specs are:

- Dual-core 1.7GHz Krait

- 4.7" 720p AMOLED Display (312ppi)

- 2GB RAM

- 16/32GB Internal Storage

- Dual band WiFi / DNLA / Hotspot

- 10mp back camera with 30fps 1080p video / 2mp & 1080p video for front camera

We have not yet confirmed cost(s) or availability but please keep an eye on our coming soon page here > http://www.o2.co.uk/comingsoon

We'll also announce here when these details become available.

So, with Motorola being a Google-owned company, could the Moto X be 'the' ultimate Android mobile? Do you think it puts a threat on the future of 'Nexus' devices in favour of Google bringing new innovations to Motorola devices first?

What do you think?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Would I consider it above my Nexus 4 which is quite similar in spec? Not really for me though as a replacement when I break my Nexus 4 in the price band, its on my list of potentials. 

As for the question of it threatening the Nexus line,  it will do. It's more likely the Nexus line will disappear or be rebranded as higher end devices with interesting tech (and with limited numbers) leaving the Moto X brand to mop up the low end. 

Message 11 of 12

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Great Q's guys! 🙂

So, over in the US they have the "Moto Maker" system which offers up many customisation options for their users. As far as the UK/O2 goes, we're unable to comment on that as of yet, but keep your eyes peeled for info in the future.

I see some of you have noticed additional specs of the device, specifically the network capabilities... We'll be able to confirm this and more soon - keep checking our coming soon page or check back here and we'll confirm as soon as we're able to.

For me personally, I'm interested in seeing how Motorola's new push will impact the future of Nexus devices, if at all. What are your thoughts on this? Think we'll continue to see Google team-up with "outside" manufacturers to bring amazing new Nexus devices to our hands, or do you think Google will save the best for their Motorola outfit? Do you think it'll even matter?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 12 of 12