cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Band - Coming to O2 next week!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

Not so long ago 'wearables' was a word that never really existed, but it won't be long before wearables could be as common as people having mobiles phones. Because it's still a fairly new area, there's some great innovation going on and Microsoft have worked their magic on the new 'Band'. Here it is:

2243.png

With the Microsoft Band you can track your heart rate, steps, calories and even your sleep. Microsoft Band is compatible with iOS, Android and Windows Phone, so you can pair with most smartphones on the market and get your notifications straight to your wrist.

Interested? You can check it out here where it will be available to order from next Wednesday (April 15th)

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys !!

I am checking regularly....... and, yes it's still "Coming Soon" lol

Message 11 of 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I thought I'd see you on this thread @Anonymous grin

Thanks for teaching me about what Bikejor is! Sounds fun (for people and dogs)

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @Toby I am patiently awaiting release !! Hopefully Wednesday 15th shall bring some news, fingers crossed. Bikejor is great fun for Dogs and Hoomans, Max My Vizsla gets an average speed of 16 miles an hour on trail, is great fun and quite a competitive sport.

Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's today !! Yaaahhh Bouncy

But still "Coming Soon" ?????

Any News .......... Prity Please with Cherries on Top Whistle

Thanks guys in advance

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Microsoft Band is finally available on o2 !!

A bit late for me,  i bought mine from Microsoft Direct as i am still waiting for my Email from o2 to let me know that the Band is available to buy from them.Crazy

Will let everyone know what the Band is like when it arrives..... Bouncy 

Message 15 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well Microsoft Band is finally available on o2 !!

A bit late for me,  i bought mine from Microsoft Direct as i am still waiting for my Email from o2 to let me know that the Band is available to buy from them.Crazy

Will let everyone know what the Band is like when it arrives..... Bouncy 

Looking forward to hearing about it @Anonymous  Oh and good call bypassing O2...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hokey Dokey ......

Microsoft Band Arrived Yesterday Afternoon Bouncy

In the end i ordered it from Microsoft as unfortunately o2 took just to long to have stock........

Ohhh and i am still waiting for the "Email" from o2 to let me know i can preorder or even purchase ..... Ooohh well o2 your loss !! D'oh!

Anyways ......

The Band !!.....

Right is very well packaged and presented in its Box, It comes with a Magnetic USB Charge Cable and the Device is presented very well in the box, Also a easy to understand user's guide.

Once you have beheld the Awesomeness that is The Microsoft Band, you attach the USB Charge Cable and plug into Mains to Charge, The Band Springs into life and asks you to download Microsoft Health App from Windows App Store. The App itself is quite cool and you can personalise your Band from the App to match your phone or if you wish differant Wallpapers or Colours ?!?! It is up to you ...

You then bond the Band to your Phone via Bluetooth which was very easy to do, The Band lets you know it's ID on it's screen for ease, then your good to go ........

The Band is very easy to put on and is Very comfortable, (Tho i have read some people complain it is not comfortable, Perhaps they ordered wrong size ?) I had a FitBit Flex before this and is a good bit lighter so will take a wee while to get used to the extra weight. I wen't for Size Large and i am so glad i did as Medium would have been far to small. I have been playing around with it last night and this morning and finding new bits and pieces that are very handy, My Band is still on same charge and is at 80% since 6pm last night and i used it to track my sleep pattern last night. So Battery usage appears to be good for 24Hours. Will be going for a Run tonight so will see if Heart Monitor and or GPS kills Battery.

I seem to be reading my notifications from my Band today rather than taking my Phone out of my pocket, don't know if this is just the novelty factor but it is very handy !!! You can even reply to texts using the Band which is really cool. 

Only real complaint i have is the Bezal around Screen is a Scratch Magnet !! The Screen itself is reseased below Bezal to i think stop scratches ? good idea but Bezal scratches far to easy.

There is a few App's starting to appear on the App Store to help with personalising your Band. Most are Free but one App does require in App Purchases so be careful.

All in all a great Device that is comfortable to wear every day and is pratical, will keep you upto date through use, if you guys don't mind ?? Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 17