cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet the new Google Pixel 3 & Pixel 3 XL!

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Google unveiled yesterday the new Pixel phones: the Pixel 3 and the Pixel 3 XL are now available to Pre-Order for launch November 1st in Just Black, Clearly White & Not Pink. Capture the perfect shot every time, get things done with the Google Assistant, enjoy an all-day battery and much more! 

A camera so good that it deserves unlimited online storageimage007.jpg
Get everyone in the picture with Group Selfies – no selfie stick required. Snap portraits like a pro with Portrait Mode. Capture smiles, not blinks with Top Shot, for a great photo every time. And save all your favourite moments with free, unlimited online photo storage.

The joy of missing out
Just flip your Pixel 3 face down and go from Bzzz to Shhh in an instant. It will automatically turn on Do Not Disturb and hide all your notifications, so you can focus on what matters most. Use the wind-down mode to turn the screen to grey-scale and get ready for a good night's sleep.

Charges fast, lasts long
Pixel 3 comes with a battery that charges fast and can last up to all day. It's even smart enough to shut down the apps that you don't use to keep you going for longer.

Your Google Assistant
Get help from your Google Assistant: make a shopping list, get commute times, weather info and more – all with a simple squeeze, or just by using your voice.

Make your world come to life
Try searching what you see with Google Lens to look up clothing and home decor, copy and translate text, and help identify 1000s of landmarks, plants and dogs. Play with life-like AR stickers for your photos and videos.

Buy the new Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL and get a 6 month free trial to YouTube Music
YouTube Music is a new music app that allows users to easily find what they're looking for and discover new music. You can get playlists and recommendations served to you based on your tastes and what's trending around you!

Google Mini and Google Home Speakerimage014.jpg
Get your hands on the perfect partners at home to these new Google Pixel devices: the Google Home and Google Home Mini smart speakers with in-built Google Assistant. Use them to play your music and movies, help you manage your day, and make calls over wi-fi all without lifting a finger.

Don't forget you can receive a cash payment for your device through O2 Recycle when you upgrade, and also customise your plan!

So what do you guys think? Are any of you going to add these devices to your wishlist? smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

EdJones
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh yes! grin I had been waiting since my contract completed in June for a new phone but didn't see anything I liked. I have always been a Google phone user from the Nexus range - tablet 7" and 10" and Nexus 5 and 6P. I watched the announcement on Tuesday on YouTube and this confirmed my choice. Then as soon as @Cleoriff said it was available I went and got it! I have gone for the black 128Gb 3XL model. Really can't wait until until 1st November, case is also on order so happy, happy, happy! smiley

Message 11 of 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Delighted you ordered it @EdJones

Sounds great. Only 3 weeks to wait. laughing

Let us know what you think when you get the phone?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 24

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's fantastic, very exciting times @EdJones smiley 

As @Cleoriff said we'd love to know how you like it once you get it, so please do come back and let us know - it's always a pleasure to read reviews of new devices!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 13 of 24

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10662 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT

Interesting the Google phone ~

Google always worries me though ~ puts me in mind of George Orwell 1984 ?

Worse a robot spying in your home called "Alexa"  !

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 14 of 24

TallTrees
  • 10662 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@viridis

@jonsie

What they said!  ~ and double it

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 15 of 24

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@TallTrees I agree, it's a very interesting device! slight_smile

I imagine you don't have any Smart Home products then? No Alexa or other similar one? 

signature

Message 16 of 24

TallTrees
  • 10662 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT

Quite right ~ I intend to be the "smartie" for as long as I can Whistle

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
£968 for the 128gb XL?
It's a crazy year for phone pricing if honest, no wonder a 3 year consumer contract is the default option now...

The Pixel 3 is expensive enough at £739, and that’s buying it direct from Google (it works out at £777 from O2). But if people can justify spending that much on a phone, I’m surprised that more of them don’t just buy it on a 0% credit card (i.e. rather than taking out a contract).

I’m reluctant to spend more than £500, so that probably rules out most of the latest handsets.  neutral

Message 18 of 24

TallTrees
  • 10662 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

I was sweating at £125 !

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TallTrees

I guess it’s a sign of the times, that so many people are prepared to spend more money on a mobile phone, than they would on a PC, laptop, or tablet.

And then we lose or break the damn things  Smiley Frustrated

Message 20 of 24