Did you mean: 

Let me introduce myself...

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hi all!

I am Mercedes, joining the community from today.  As Toby announced last week, he’s leaving us soon and I will be your new Head of Community!

I'm really excited to join this great community and I will do my best to ensure a smooth transition so you don’t miss him too much wink

Don’t worry, we’ll keep doing as we always have and I’ll be bringing some new ideas too that I’m sure we’ll talk about soon. I’m sure that together we will make this place bigger and better!

About myself….

• Apple fan - I own a lovely iPhone 6 Plus > but should I get a diferent one?
  • Hardcore console gamer (I'm ashamed to say how many I own) > Is anyone playing something good right now??
  • Avid science fiction reader > any new books you can recommend?
  • And yes, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up > Any ideas welcome!

If you have any questions, suggestions or just want to have a chat, please don't hesitate to contact me. I’m here for you :))

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. Tell me about yourself!

MercedesS

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

So, good recommendations:

Asimov Foundation series. Can get a little preachy, but overall good.

Stephen Donaldson Gap series. Bit brutal in places, but shows that good people do bad things (for right and wrong reasons) and bad people do good things (if given enough impetus).

Scott Sigler Infected trilogy (or Ancestor, Nocturnal or Earthcore). Sci Fi with a good dose of horror/gore.

Arther C Clarke Space Odyssey or Rama series. Both very good hard science fiction.

Michael Crichton Next or Prey. Science gone wrong/abused.

Warren Fahy Fragment (or Pandemonium which is the sequel). Biology science (Madagascar taken to extreme).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 51 of 90

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Game..
Lego world's.
Been beta testing it and it's so awesome, think minecraft but with procedurally generated lego bricks making everything.

Message 52 of 90

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Not a lot @MercedesS...but welcome back. I am currently enjoying myself in Spain whilst you are working hard....but don't let that ruin your day...LOL

I hope you like it! @Cleoriff can you please send me a "little sunshine" by PM? Thanks!

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 53 of 90

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Not a lot @MercedesS...but welcome back. I am currently enjoying myself in Spain whilst you are working hard....but don't let that ruin your day...LOL

I hope you like it! @Cleoriff can you please send me a "little sunshine" by PM? Thanks!

When I get back from Coffee and 'brandy' with some friends I will try and do just that...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 90

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions
wow thanks @gmarkj!  Didn't read some of them!

@viridis wrote:

Game..
Lego world's.
Been beta testing it and it's so awesome, think minecraft but with procedurally generated lego bricks making everything.

I am really into Ark now @viridis, have you try it?

Message 55 of 90

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's awesome mate - so fast and a wicked screen.

Have to agree! Love their tabs

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 56 of 90

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Sorry i am late welcoming you to 02 @MercedesS 

Hope you enjoy it on this wonderful forum.

I have just been able to sign in after trying yesterday on and off and this morning slight_frown

Message 57 of 90

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

A lot of people had the same problem @Poppysmum. Posted about it here. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/More-Forum-Issues/td-p/926207/page/168

We thought it was sorted but have heard of at least two other members who can't get back on today?

Anyway great to see you back...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 58 of 90

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Strange how it's still affecting some....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 59 of 90

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@MercedesS sorry for not welcoming you yesterday but I was affected by the login issue.

Welcome on board and hope we can all help each other

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 60 of 90