Did you mean: 

Introduction of Single Virgin Media O2 ID

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

*This article has been updated to clarify previously published information.

Hey folks wave

Just sending this out to provide an update regarding our new feature that allows Virgin Media O2 customers to link the sign-in details for both their My Virgin Media and My O2 accounts, to create an all-in-one Virgin Media O2 ID.

We’ll send all eligible customers an email invite to let them know when it’s time to do this – and explain how to do it.

Linking your sign-in details for both My Virgin Media and My O2 means your My Virgin Media details will become your Virgin Media O2 ID. That way, there’s only one set of sign-in details to remember! And it means there’s no need to create any new details to make this ID, either.

Once a Virgin Media O2 ID has been created, customers will be able to use it to sign in to all Virgin Media and O2 digital services, including My Virgin Media, My O2 and all Virgin Media and O2 apps.

And remember, My Virgin Media will still be the place to go to manage your broadband, TV, and home phone service, and you’ll keep using My O2 to handle your mobile account.

Our new Virgin Media O2 ID feature is part of our plans to connect our customers’ Virgin Media and O2 services. We want our customers to unlock more choices and better value while benefiting from a more streamlined and convenient online experience.

Invites will be sent over the next few weeks.

Want to learn more? Read our Virgin Media O2 ID help and advice here.

DaveO2_0-1700042363374.png

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11178 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3150 Solutions

We are all famous slight_smile @Enlli 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 11 of 20

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38107 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

pgn_1-1702629089744.png

Well. I got the "Create your Virgin Media O2 ID" e-mail yesterday, and bit the bullet later that day and followed the prompts - thankfully remembering my VM details as I had recently renewed my VM contract!

pgn_3-1702629257887.png

It sent me a one-time verification code e-mail with a 6-digit PIN, which I entered on the registration screen - then went on to ask for my MyO2 credentials.

Apart from a stutter, requiring a browser refresh, when it was validating my "My Virgin Media" credentials, it took my MyO2 credentials without pause, and then it said I was "all done". 

A few minutes later a couple of e-mails landed, both in the same mailbox as, well, the same e-mail address is used on both VM and O2 duh...

pgn_2-1702629141841.png

Of course, I missed the bit in the first, and subsequent confirmation e-mails that said: "This means your My Virgin Media details will become your Virgin Media O2 ID. You’ll then use this ID to sign in to all My Virgin Media and My O2 online services." - failing the first login as a result 🤣

Anyway, it did seem to work, but I still sign-in to  the Forum with my O2 credential - not sure at what point VMO2 will enforce the use of the new merged ID.

The delights, eh?

Message 12 of 20

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7719 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1640 Solutions

Sounds a load of faffing about to me

I hardly ever sign into Virgin Media these days

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 13 of 20

Inglesra
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've also recieved this.  Changed my email address to my non virgin email as requested.  Went through all the steps, only to recieve a something went wrong message.  Then recieved the same email from Virgin and O2 saying I've created my Virginmedia O2 ID.  Nothing on either email to say what my ID actually is.  Tried to log in to both Virgin and O2 using my Virginmedia O2 ID, with my usual virginmedia email address and was told email was wrong.  tried using my non virgin media address as my Virginmedia O2 ID and it works fine as long as I use my Virgin media password.  I now have three ways to log in with different userids and passwords.  Virgin could not have made it any more confusing.  I'd have expected to be using my virgin email address as the userid not my non virgin address.  Come on Virgin / O2, get your acts together.

Message 14 of 20

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7719 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1640 Solutions

@Inglesra I fully expected it to be a right mess like other things they have introduced lately. Staying clear at the moment

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 15 of 20

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38107 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

@Inglesra wrote:

I've also recieved this.  Changed my email address to my non virgin email as requested.  Went through all the steps, only to recieve a something went wrong message.  Then recieved the same email from Virgin and O2 saying I've created my Virginmedia O2 ID.  Nothing on either email to say what my ID actually is.  Tried to log in to both Virgin and O2 using my Virginmedia O2 ID, with my usual virginmedia email address and was told email was wrong.  tried using my non virgin media address as my Virginmedia O2 ID and it works fine as long as I use my Virgin media password.  I now have three ways to log in with different userids and passwords.  Virgin could not have made it any more confusing.  I'd have expected to be using my virgin email address as the userid not my non virgin address.  Come on Virgin / O2, get your acts together.

As much as it is a faff, it does actually tell you that your VM credential becomes common to both platforms... But you have to be paying attention 😖🤣

1000010982.png

It could have been confirmed in the e-mail response sent out, I agree, @Inglesra. 🤷

Message 16 of 20

Pipstop78
Level 11: Motivator
  • 626 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Gordon benett glad im not with virgin media what a faff 

Message 17 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 125434 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@Pipstop78 wrote:

Gordon benett glad im not with virgin media what a faff 

Couldn't agree more @Pipstop78 ....a real mess and a half!🤔

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 20

phonek
Level 1: Joiner
  • 35 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Keeping mine both separate. Don't want them joined, and I hope O2VM don't insist on merging in future either. 

(Tip: Using a password manager app like 1Password helps with these things. 😉 

O2 forums: FAQs (guide links) / Start guides / Guidelines / Volt+roaming info / Guide: eSim iPhone-iPhone (legacy users) / WARNING: FaceTime/iMessage setup conflict.

macOS: MBP 16" 2021 M1 Max/8TB/64GB RAM Studio 2023 M2 Max 12c+38g+16n/2TB/96GB RAM.
iOS: iPhone 15 Pro Max blk/1TB iPad Mini 6 grey/5G/256GB iPad Pro 12.9" (2020) grey/4G/256GB.
other: Apple Watch Ultra 2 5G Apple TV (4th gen) 64GB [x2] Apple Studio Display vesa [x2].
Yes, Apple's vertical integration I like; but no fanboi, critical eyes kept firmly open.

Message 19 of 20

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8756 Posts
  • 191 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@phonek 

I'm much the same as you but for a different reason. Whilst I am a historic O2 customer going back to the Cellnet days in the 1990s, I have never been a VM customer.

Hence, I have got nothing to merge ! 🤣  

Message 20 of 20