Did you mean: 

Introduction of Single Virgin Media O2 ID

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

*This article has been updated to clarify previously published information.

Hey folks wave

Just sending this out to provide an update regarding our new feature that allows Virgin Media O2 customers to link the sign-in details for both their My Virgin Media and My O2 accounts, to create an all-in-one Virgin Media O2 ID.

We’ll send all eligible customers an email invite to let them know when it’s time to do this – and explain how to do it.

Linking your sign-in details for both My Virgin Media and My O2 means your My Virgin Media details will become your Virgin Media O2 ID. That way, there’s only one set of sign-in details to remember! And it means there’s no need to create any new details to make this ID, either.

Once a Virgin Media O2 ID has been created, customers will be able to use it to sign in to all Virgin Media and O2 digital services, including My Virgin Media, My O2 and all Virgin Media and O2 apps.

And remember, My Virgin Media will still be the place to go to manage your broadband, TV, and home phone service, and you’ll keep using My O2 to handle your mobile account.

Our new Virgin Media O2 ID feature is part of our plans to connect our customers’ Virgin Media and O2 services. We want our customers to unlock more choices and better value while benefiting from a more streamlined and convenient online experience.

Invites will be sent over the next few weeks.

Want to learn more? Read our Virgin Media O2 ID help and advice here.

DaveO2_0-1700042363374.png

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12450 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1152 Solutions

Wondered what that new box on the sign in page was for.

So just to check - this new login will only work via browsers, and to use an app (any app) you need to use the login that was created for that app?

But you can still use the "old" login details (the ones that ONLY work in the app) via the web as well?

What's the incentive?

Using me as an example, our house has VM and I am on o2.

I have credentials to log into My o2 (app and online).

I also have credentials to log into my VM account (app and online).

If I create a new merged account I can log into both online, but not the app.

That's just ANOTHER set of logins to "remember"...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 20

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

Sounds good on paper but having implemented SSO services, this will only end in confusion for months.. 

But it is a step in the right direction..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

Good grief!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 20

jonsie
  • 93492 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6998 Solutions

Not seeing any advantage to this

Sttill have to sign in separately for the community and for My O2?

Message 5 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 124717 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7532 Solutions

Quite pleased I have nothing of VM, so I'll just carry on doing what I'm doing. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 20

Enlli
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

So who is sending the email; Virgin or O2? My Virgin login email is **Personal info** and is now defunct.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 20

Enlli
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

Since when is just a well known domain address with out any other detail  personal info?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 20

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Since when is just a well known domain address with out any other detail  personal info?

Since the naughty word and personal info stripper was deployed, @Enlli 😎🤐

Message 9 of 20

Enlli
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

@madasaf1sh Looks like the above quote is doing the rounds

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/warning-issued-anybody-whos-virgin-28139817.amp

Message 10 of 20