Introducing our new flexible tariffs

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

YOYO_crop-1-920x400.jpg

We have some great news to share today with you all slight_smile

Wouldn't it be great if you had full control over your monthly tariff allowances, with the freedom to change your tariff every billing cycle? Well, to us it just makes sense, especially with the power of O2 Refresh. So that's exactly what we're introducing.

We're building on our Refresh tariffs and breaking away from market conventions of fixed monthly plans, and giving new or upgrading customers that sign up to selected handsets the flexibility to move up or down the tariff family once every monthly billing cycle. Got a big month coming up? Move up tariffs to get extra data to share more photos & videos with friends, and then move back down according to your data needs for the following month.

You'll continue to have the option of upgrading to the latest and greatest phone whenever you wish; all you need to do is pay off the remainder of your device plan. And if you don't want or need an upgrade, at the end of your contract all you pay for is your monthly airtime plan.

Moving up or down our flexible tariffs is easy. You can make the change via My O2, in store, through customer services or via web chat 30 days after connection, with the new tariff starting from your next billing date.

Interested? Our flexible Refresh tariffs are available for new or upgrading customers on the following handsets purchased direct from O2:

• iPhone 8, 8 Plus & X
  • Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note8
  • OnePlus 5 (Available until 8th November 2017)

Our new flexible tariffs will be available in-store, online and by phone from this Friday on the latest handsets mentioned above, and we'll update this thread with an online link soon. 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sounds like a good idea. Many customers find that data allowance isn't enough and many more find themselves needing to cut monthly costs if their circumstances change. 

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
But only if you sign up to a new £1000+ contract yet again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good idea but why only high end phones that most people can’t afford
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Everything is now based around the flagship phones with O2, they need the money desperately. 

Message 5 of 9

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why not just make the prices of your data bolt ons more realistic so people actually want to buy them if they use up their data?  Or allow rollover like other networks have been doing forever?

The last time me and my other half used up our data on our jollies away in the UK, I contacted O2 through live chat and my only option to get more was to buy a bolt on.  I ended up buying the cheapest one and enabling data saver on my phone because it was a rip-off.

My wife is on an O2 owned MVNO.  She contacted them and inquired about buying some more data for the remainder of the month.  Since she was a customer of longstanding (the same amount of time I've been on O2!) they gave her "a few gigs" for free to see her good until the end of the month and wished her well.

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It just goes to show how some providers value customers. 

Indeed..and that's a MVNO using O2...Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@a_hcir wrote:

Why not just make the prices of your data bolt ons more realistic so people actually want to buy them if they use up their data?  Or allow rollover like other networks have been doing forever?

The last time me and my other half used up our data on our jollies away in the UK, I contacted O2 through live chat and my only option to get more was to buy a bolt on.  I ended up buying the cheapest one and enabling data saver on my phone because it was a rip-off.

My wife is on an O2 owned MVNO.  She contacted them and inquired about buying some more data for the remainder of the month.  Since she was a customer of longstanding (the same amount of time I've been on O2!) they gave her "a few gigs" for free to see her good until the end of the month and wished her well.

Same happened to me on Vodafone. I called them up to add a data bundle as I was off to Turkey and needed more data (Turkey is included on Vodafone BTW) and they added 2GB for free

Message 9 of 9