Did you mean: 

Introducing: O2 Community Ideas!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

The team is very happy to unveil the brand new O2 Community Ideas!

This is a place where any community member can post an idea they have for O2 to look into and potentially put in place: Ideas that help customers, make processes more efficient, or help make a certain service or product easier to use.

The O2 Community has always been hugely important to us and we gain some amazing feedback and insights from you on a daily basis which help us improve how we do things, our products and services. Through this, the community team believe this new addition could be a great way for us to collaborate on some great ideas.

Tips and Info on Community Ideas

To submit an idea simply head to the idea submission page, where you will have the option to create a new idea. It works very similarly to a normal forum thread. Once you've posted your idea, it will a little like the below. Others can also comment and discuss your idea with you.

Ideas platform screenshot.png

Your idea will then be reviewed in terms of how it could/would work in O2, as well as if it seems to be popular (our current Kudos threshold is 5) and will be assigned a status, as well as a short comment from us about the status of your idea. These statuses are:

- New Idea

- We need more details

- We're looking into this idea

- We're working on this idea

- O2 already has this feature

- Not applicable

- Idea put in place

- Archived idea (ideas might be archived if they are very old and have not reached the voting threshold - this is to keep the board tidy, but you are by all means still welcome to comment and/or Kudos the idea. They can always be moved from the archive back into active ideas.)

We’ll do our very best to give every idea a status within a few weeks of being posted, or when the votes threshold has been reached. Please remember to give Kudos to ideas that you support. Any ideas that will be put in place will be updated every few weeks to provide any interested members with frequent updates.

While the text box for you to submit your idea allows you to structure your idea in any way that you like, the community team recommends a specific layout to make it easily understandable for others, and for us to look into:

• A short description of your idea (just 1 or 2 sentences would be fine)
  • An issue/problem/improvement you see that needs to be looked at
  • A full description of your idea
  • How it will work, how it can be developed and what resources you think it may need.

While we’re sure many of you have an idea or suggestion you think will work well, please take the time to think about if the idea will be genuinely viable for O2. Below are some tips and info that will help you decide whether to click ‘post’:

• Does your idea make business sense? If you wanted to suggest better tariffs, cheaper deals and higher allowances, is this going to cause a large expense to the company? If you have an idea for a process that saves customers money, does it do this by making the process cheaper for O2 also? While we welcome any and all ideas, they have to make sense to the customer as well as to O2.
  • Has your idea already been posted by someone else? We log all ideas carefully, so there is no need to post an identical one if you’ve already seen it. We will however be looking to give certain members the ability to mark ideas as duplicates. If you’re interested in this role, let us know.
  • Will your idea benefit a lot of people, or very few? If you’re currently having issues with something, it can be easy to fall into the trap of thinking a quick-fix idea will solve the kind of issue you face. Ask yourself before posting whether your idea is a good for just you, or for many people.
  • Are the votes on my idea genuine? It’s easy to ask your friends on the community to vote for your idea and while it’s great to be supportive, if the community team suspects that voting has been manipulated in order to get an idea to the investigation stage, it will be looked into it further and may be given a different status.
  • Finally, please give kudos to ideas that you like. This will help us to tell how popular ideas can be. Also, comments can really help you and others to understand, so get involved in an idea's discussion section below the idea.

Each idea has a comment section for others to offer their thoughts. Comments have to be helpful and constructive (even if you disagree with the idea). In the comment section, the same guidelines apply here as they do across the rest of the community. (Guidelines here)

We look forward to seeing your great ideas! If you have any questions, issues or suggestions for the ideas board itself, please post a comment below.

So, who will be first?  wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Nice one Toby.
Submissions age here, I believe?
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Community-Ideas/idb-p/community_ideas
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Sorry MI5, I'm not sure if I understand? I have just added a link in my OP to the section too.

Get involved:

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
It should have said "page" not "age" 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Ah, I see. Well, hopefully the link makes it easy to access now :).

Get involved:

Message 5 of 12

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

if members like the idea and post to say so, but fail to add kudos does that mean the idea won't get the same level of consideration?

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:

if members like the idea and post to say so, but fail to add kudos does that mean the idea won't get the same level of consideration?

If thats the case my idea wont get off the ground .....LOL

If honest....I think it is more to do with whether the forum thinks its workable....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions
Message 8 of 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:

Considering yours has a status of "looking into this idea",  whilst my idea is still "new" 

I think it's fair to say kudos play little part. 

Message 9 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

We will add a kudos voting system in once the feature has been going for a while. We wanted to accept all ideas at first, as we knew that you would have really good ones. If I've missed any so far, I'll take a look at them today slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 10 of 12