cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

First of all, welcome to the community! If you want to get help, please post a new thread in the devices or products & services forums. However, if you would like to introduce yourself, this thread is the perfect place for it. I'll kick it off, just to get the ball rolling. 

So as you can see, my name is Leonard and I've joined the O2 team in June to take care of the community. I'd love to hear a bit more about you, so please let us know who you are slight_smile

If you have any questions about the forum, suggestions or just want to have chat, please don't hesitate to give me a shout. 

Hope to speak soon!

Leonard

Message 1 of 970
969 REPLIES 969

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Legally.... only the account holder.

If someone has your details n password, obviously the call handler cant tell if they r lying or not.

Also the police and other government departments. They usually have a special number to call to go through to the police liason dept. Occasionally they go via normal customer services and always (always when I took the call) advise they are the police and the details n why.

At the end of the day its down to the CSA to make sure they follow DPA rules and questions to confirm the caller and they are also advised if they are not happy to be able to reject the call and.place notes as to what they have done n why.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 841 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello guys and gals, I'm a newby to this forum, and an old fellow of 80 so I tend to be a bit slow on the uptake of mod tech,however I have a sam wave gt s8500 no the bada o/s and still don't know all about it,for instance does it accept apps from android or other o/s ? ( often wished I had the I phone,) although its a great item and no probs after almost three yrs, and it is darn near perfect, abd what does it cost to have broad band every month on iit?

Message 842 of 970

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Hi Frank. The only apps you can use are the ones on the Samsung app store. You should find the app which links to this on your phone.
Broadband on your phone is delivered via wifi. If you have an available wifi connection your phone will connect to it. The switch to turm on wifi is on the pull down bar at the top of the phone's screen.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 843 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Just joined the forum and my first question is what is TU GO? is it like the app Viber?

Message 844 of 970

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Se the Tugo section of the board and welcome slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 845 of 970

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Welcome to the forum.

It's an app that allows you to make calls using your home wi-fi if you are in a bad signal area.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.o2.co.uk/tugo/want-it#how_it_works

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 846 of 970

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hello Paresh and welcome to the forums:)

Yes it's fairly similar but anything used comes out of your monthly allowance if on pay monthly:)

There's an entire section devote to tu go if you have more questions or just to look around:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 847 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Perksle. Although i have been with BT Cellnet/O2 since 1998, this was my first question and shall make use of the forum more often.

Message 848 of 970

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Check out our "Funny pictures" and "Jokes" section in Off Topic.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 849 of 970

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
A warm welcome to you Paresh :). Thanks for offering advice guys
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 850 of 970