cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

First of all, welcome to the community! If you want to get help, please post a new thread in the devices or products & services forums. However, if you would like to introduce yourself, this thread is the perfect place for it. I'll kick it off, just to get the ball rolling. 

So as you can see, my name is Leonard and I've joined the O2 team in June to take care of the community. I'd love to hear a bit more about you, so please let us know who you are slight_smile

If you have any questions about the forum, suggestions or just want to have chat, please don't hesitate to give me a shout. 

Hope to speak soon!

Leonard

Message 1 of 970
969 REPLIES 969

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Len, john here,re. Problems from Wed break in service have 2 payg.phones,the blackberry lost service for around one and a half days,however the screen froze on my Sony Ericson 902,I've had to take it to a phone shop and they explained they could re-start it but all my phone memory data would be lost in the process of re-formating.yhis has resulted in losing my daughters messages from the last 6 years I am ABSOLUTELY GUTTED BY THIS,and the loss of other personal data.also the inconvenience its, and is still causing me plus the cost of repair.John-5551
Message 71 of 970

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Welcome to the forum 5551.

Sympathies John, I know how important those messages can be. I have messages from my late wife going back 2 years but they are far too precious to me to trust them to any single piece of technology.

I have them backed up @ https://hashblue.com/  and also on my PC and a separate external HD. Too late now unfortunately but maybe something for everyone to bear in mind for the present and the future.

Message 72 of 970

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Six years without a back up, ouch!

If they are on a memory card, you could try looking around for recovery software, but in my experience the results are variable.

It's important you stop using the card so they don't get overwritten but they could still be on there.

If stored to phone memory they are lost I'm afraid.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 73 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm Jeberson
Message 74 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jeberson,

Welcome to the community! How are you doing? Are you able to find everything?

Cheers,
Leonard
Message 75 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm Sean and look forward to helping and being helped on the forum, I like anything computing, gadgets and I have a passion for car detailing and cycling.
Message 76 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sean,

Once again, welcome. Great to have you here and looking forward to your posts. slight_smile

Cheers,
Leonard

Message 77 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forum is fine, i got a few replies to a recent post but no help with fixing the broken phone.
Message 78 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea, we don't have a lot of Nokia users on the forums, so it's always a bit harder to get help in that area. I'm sure it'll work out soon though slight_smile
Message 79 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm Ansh and I'm new here. Just joined to browse around and look for answers !!!
Message 80 of 970