cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

First of all, welcome to the community! If you want to get help, please post a new thread in the devices or products & services forums. However, if you would like to introduce yourself, this thread is the perfect place for it. I'll kick it off, just to get the ball rolling. 

So as you can see, my name is Leonard and I've joined the O2 team in June to take care of the community. I'd love to hear a bit more about you, so please let us know who you are slight_smile

If you have any questions about the forum, suggestions or just want to have chat, please don't hesitate to give me a shout. 

Hope to speak soon!

Leonard

Message 1 of 970
969 REPLIES 969

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Welcome to all the new members!

PM (private message) me anytime slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 181 of 970

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Is there any way to stop these forums from automatically signing me out when I am away from my pc?

I use many other forums and I can leave them for days and they never sign me out however, with the O2 forums, it seems that if i don't actively post a comment for say about 1 hour, the next time I try to post, it states that 'my session has expired and that i need to log back in again'....???!

Message 182 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Dino,

Cheers, I'm looking into that. Currently, it signs you out after 30 mins. Some people use one of those refresh add-ons. That seems to work. I'll have another chat about increasing that 30 min limit though.
Message 183 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I am Cath - and I will only be asking questions here as the limit of my knowledge to fixing gadgets is to hit them really hard on the desk!

I have a Blackberry and have just come to O2 from Vodafone in the vain hope that I will have a "mobile" mobile phone again (i.e one that doesnt lose its signal constantly!)

I use my BB for running my own business, for the emails and telephone calls.  Have little idea what else it does and find the more I discover the more confused I become, so ignorance is bliss in this instance!

Message 184 of 970

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi - I am Cath - and I will only be asking questions here as the limit of my knowledge to fixing gadgets is to hit them really hard on the desk!

That works for me Cath, welcome to the forum! Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 185 of 970

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93185 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my name is Stuart, I have been around since the Cellnet and BT Cellnet days. My first handset was a rebadged Nokia 121. Since then I have had various Motorola's, Sony Eriksson's, Samsung's, Apple's and Nokia's amongst others.

I am a serious user of multimedia, so anything that has a decent camera, video recorder with HDMI and mp3 player is a must.  I am not into facebook, twitter, apps or droids, so the iPhone and Galaxy S3 don't do it for me.

I will be looking to upgrade soon, probably to the Nokia 808 and a Lumia, but may have to jump ship to Orange in order to get the 4G.

Hope to talk to you all at some point.

Message 187 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great to have you here, Stuart! So, you've been around for quite a while. You must've seen loads of things change over the years.

There's no need to jump ship - we'd like it way more if you'd be staying grin

Cheers,
Leonard
Message 188 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm Bex
Not really sure what to say other than hi slight_smile
But I will mainly be here for help with phone issues I think. Although I'm currently studying a physics degree so I have a fair bit of knowledge and might be able to help one or two people.
So yeah...HI! slight_smile
Message 189 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha, awesome Bex, good to see you here as well! I hope you'll enjoy it wink
Message 190 of 970