cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the spotlight: Daddydoink

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys!

This week we have the great pleasure to put on the Spotlight our good friend and fellow member of the forum Daddydoink! He has been with us for quite a while and he is a great contributor of high quality content like the Band 1 a Lumia 640 review and Galaxy 4 Note review

Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 08.59.23.png

Here's the short interview we did to Daddydoink:

Hi Daddydoink, tell us a bit about yourself. What is your name and where are you from? 

I am Dominic, known as DaddyDoink and I live/work in Essex.  

What do you like about the forum? 

The chance to talk phones and tech.  I like a gadget, I won't lie.  I can't afford new gadgets anymore so dribbling over other people's pretty toys is the next best thing... now I've been banned from my local Dixons following unsubstantiated drooling allegations. 

What hobbies do you have?  

Photography, being a nerd, Lego and cooking.  Only one of these hobbies is acceptable to my friends (yes, I have those) and therefore I spend a lot of my time being a nerd. 

What's your favourite phone? 

Currently?  I like the Lumia 930.  My favourite ever phone was the O2 XDA Exec - my first WIndows Device.  I remember I used to load a 1GB SD card with a film and watch them on the train when going to visit family and so on...

IOS, Android or Windows phone? 

Windows all the way.  Not even sorry about that.

What would you do if you ever won the lottery?  

Change my name, move, become incredibly selfish.  Failing that, hire a very good team of letter writers and begin dictating:  Dear Sir slash Madam, I regret to tell you I cannot invest...  I suspect I could tail off at that point as, of course, I'd be very, very drunk at the time...

Tell us a secret... 

don't have a TV in the front room - it means the kids have to play with something instead of turning on the box (I do however have a projector if I want to watch a film so that I can have a mahooooooooosive screen)

If you can think of anything else you'd like to add, feel free to add:

12+30 = 42.  

Now that you know @Daddydoink bit better feel free to ask him questions!

Below are some of our previous members in the Spotlight . You could be next by getting involved in the community! 

If you would like to suggest someone for the Spotlight feel free to drop @ @Tobyor me  (@Meri) a  PM.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

You know what @Daddydoink after reading your Spotlight, I've just decided I'm going to take up lego as a new pastime / hobby 

I luvved playing with it when my son was with me (he's now 30) & not so long ago took the toy basket full of the stuff from duplo to technic to his home to select pieces for his neice - he put the lego bricks into a pillow case, necked it & refreshed it all in the washing machine

I'm sooo excited now Bouncy

*ho hummm* what item to start with? :robotvery-happy: 

Message 2 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

42...The answer to life, the universe and everything in between. ..or maybe it has to do with my IQ?

Currently collecting and recycling plastic bottles and sleeping on the beach as my debit card has expired, ah well at least the flight home is paid for. 42...I wish I was....

Message 3 of 11

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Thanks very much. Of course, I out-sourced this interview to Sean Bean's cat as I was far too busy to respond at the time. His researcher, of course, based it all on my best selling and unsubstantiated biography in the local paper "around the courts" section, which they had to serialise for me.

D
Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

You know if you go to Thailand for any length of time you don't need a spotlight. Everyone knows you even if you go into a bar for the first time. Jungle drum or smartphone....ladies talk....my lady tracked me down after 4 days, MIA and 100kms away. Spotlight has a whole new meaning here but it's good to know a bit more about you, doink LOL

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Daddydoink what is the the lego construction you have ever made that you are most proud of? do you have pictures?

Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Hi @Daddydoink Welcome to the spotlight...I am currently posting from Spain where it's 21c at present.

Good to have you around...Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

Wave

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Lovely to see your spotight @Daddydoink. You've been a credit to the community since joining us!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 11

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks for your comments all.... @Anonymous I was going to post some photos of the Lego the other day and didn't get round to it... I'll get the camera out in a bit - the current Lego Table set up is pretty awesome!

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 10 of 11