Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 547

Re: Huawei & Android: The latest from O2

It can take 7-10 days for their response

O2 Social Media Team

Hey all,

I know there's been some negativity around O2 Recycle values. While this may not give much comfort, we do continually monitor our O2 Recycle quotes for all devices to ensure we are reflecting market values and giving competitive offers.

CommunitySig_Animated_2.gif

Topics: 547

So the market value is showing £100 for the P30Pro @Chris_K ?

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Yes but you're still expecting me to pay a total of £849 to pay off my refresh contract for a phone I've had less than a month. You're also still selling them at a high price too. Where's the reflection of the market value there? The P30 Pro is so new that there will be hardly anyone still within the 14 day return period. I had mine on 7th May and was just out of the 14 day when this happened. This phone is worth more than £100 but you have trapped me into being unable to anything if I want to change sort from lose hundred of pounds. I don't expect full price from recycle but not so long ago the trade in price was well over £400, I think it was £425 which is a bit more like it than a measly £100. Market value works both ways yet you expect customers to pay full price 😠
Topics: 77

To be devils advocate a little here, see it from the trade in businesses point of view (better believe it's not just o2 doing this)
Suddenly people start dumping their Huawei phones en Masse, by now your offering £350, music magpie and cex are at £175, everyone going to exploit you so you HAVE to match the region of others, otherwise before long, you're gonna have 7000 p30 pro, bought in at £350, that will NEVER sell for a profit, even making an even price is soon impossible and you're left with 5000 p30 pro that's soon out of date, unwanted and gathering dust faster than you could ever imagine.
It's an odd, and very unique situation that, if honest, will probably blow over in the end anyway. Why would ANYONE choose to sell a p30 for £75-100?? No one is forcing you to sell, keep it, enjoy it, it's still very much the same beast you bought.

I get what you mean but as this is an odd situation if when we get to August the situation worsens, people should get some sort of recompense or reduction in the price of the handset they have bought. Yes the networks have a business but consumers don't have their kind of money and shouldn't be left out of pocket either. I'm not intending to sell my P30 pro for peanuts but if the situation worsens and this phone doesn't keep up with the updates then I expect to be able to change handset or have a reduction in the device plan with a decent venue for this phone. It's bad enough that o2 haven't activated WiFi and 4g calling on this phone yet, it should be active by now. If the situation improves then the trade in price will hopefully increase but if it doesn't the value in a coupe of months time will do even more. I like the phone but need to have all the network features and up to date versions, patches etc if buying something at this price. I really wish I hadn't upgraded now. I like the refresh idea if the trade in amount is reasonable enough to allow you to upgrade, like I did to get this.

The problem is it is very much not the product I purchased. For me part of the reason for upgrading is to maintain patch levels. I personally do not want an out of date device on the Internet. It is simply too large a security risk. This phone promised a patch schedule seemed much faster than Samsung and as it was a new device it would have at least two years of Google patches (Inc major updates) according to an old Google I/O promise. On top of that we do not know what will happen to these devices post 19th August. If @Chris_K can confirm that then it would be much relief to current owners. Right now the advice is pointing to no more patches and the potential of services that may no longer work after that date. That basically means we are paying £900 for a dead duck, and not what was sold to us at the point of contract. Seems to me to be a material breach of contract at this point. I for one can see a class action starting up and its only a matter of time before someone takes aim at either the networks, Huawei or Google for not delivering the product as advertised at the point of sale. Wouldn't be shocked to see complaints using the consumer rights act along the lines of the product not lasting a reasonable amount of time as well. This phone has been nothing but the bain of my life. Between this and the nightmare I had getting the green screen issue sorted on my mate 20 pro, my trust in O2 customer service is at an all time low after many years of service.

I have already contacted watchdog about this aswell myself and will definitely look into court action because o2 honestly dont seem to care
Topics: 77

Against who?

O2 & Vodafone earlier had dropped the trade in to £0. Now on O2 recycle P30 Pro is no longer listed to trade in anyway. Looks like it has been taken off quite a few trade in sites as well. Couldn't see it on EE or Three trade in either. So there must be a reasonable case for those with a device plan to have payments waived/ceased or at the very least reduced considerably for those left in this position with is what appears to be a valueless device. If it is rated with no value, then it has no value for customers and they should not be paying for something that again has no value. Contract or not there must be a clause to get people out of paying for this handset or for having to pay full price going forward.