cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 & P20 Pro. O2 Pre-order starts 29 March.

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

If you didn't see it, Huawei have today announced their amazing new P20 and P20 Pro smartphones, and you'll be able to pre-order them on O2 from 29 March.

DZTaG6YXcAA7Rtl.jpg

Both new P20's have a serious eye on photography, with some of the biggest batteries available in a smartphone today, and powered by the latest tech to ensure you have a smooth, seemless experience no matter what you do.

Take a quick look below at what sets these phones apart from everything else on the market

Huawei P20:
- 5.8" RGBW Full View Display (770 nits of brightness)
- All new Leica Dual Camera with 1.55um pixel with 12MP main camera
- For best in-class selfies, the front camera is a whopping 24MP
- A huge 3,400mAh battery optimised by AI. Keep streaming, browsing and texting for longer

Huawei P20 Pro:
- 6.1" OLED FullView Display (1:1,000,000 high contrast ratio and 105% colour gamut)
- Revolutionary 40MP Leica Triple Camera (8MP 3x Telephoto lens, 40MP main RGB lens, 20MP mono lens)
- An even bigger 4,000mAh battery to keep you going longer and longer
- 3x optical, 5x hybrid and 10x AI-powered digital zooms helping you get closer to the action

Can't wait to pre-order?
Pre-orders for the Huawei P20 and Huawei P20 Pro open 29 March. For a limited time, when you pre-order these devices with O2, you can claim a free pair of Bose® QC®35 wireless headphones II in black. Offer ends 5 April.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

ballisma
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same here! they said it will be ready on the 6th, by the time i placed the order (10 mins after) the reciept said expected date is 12/04

Message 21 of 36

browner
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just been told they are OUT OF STOCK with no idea when they are getting them in........ lovely 

Message 22 of 36

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Now why doesn't this surpise me? Needless to say demand exceeds supply...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 36

GadgetBoy
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I opted to deliver to my local O2 store and have been given 18th April as the date it will be ready for pickup! slight_smile

I'd like find out about whether the phone is DUAL SIM too? Can anyone who got one early confirm?

Also, does the phone come with a factory screen protector installed and clear protective case in the box as with previous Huawei phones such as the P10 Pro?

Cheers,

Andy

Message 24 of 36

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@GadgetBoywrote:

I opted to deliver to my local O2 store and have been given 18th April as the date it will be ready for pickup! slight_smile

I'd like find out about whether the phone is DUAL SIM too? Can anyone who got one early confirm?

Also, does the phone come with a factory screen protector installed and clear protective case in the box as with previous Huawei phones such as the P10 Pro?

Cheers,

Andy

As far as we know it is single sim Andy and there is a discussion running about what's in the box here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Huawei-P20-Pro-Whats-in-the-Box/td-p/1117921

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 36

GadgetBoy
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for confirming Mi5!

Apparently there are two versions of the phone being made by Huawei...

CLT-L09C: Single SIM Card
CLT-L29C: Dual SIM Card

So seems we'll be getting the CLT-L09C on O2.

The discussion about what's in the box is interesting but some people saying a charger might not be supplied is disturbing considering the price of the phone and fact it uses 5V/5A fast charging which you can't get from a standard charger which is only 1-2A.

Message 26 of 36

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
In all honesty mate, it's all just guesswork for now. No one knows until the first person opens the box.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 36

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
The phone is single-sim and a charger definitely comes in the box
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 28 of 36

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 29 of 36

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

20180411_124230.jpg

To clear up the confusion, I took this photo while unboxing my Pro yesterday - included in the box is the fast charger and type-C cable, earphones with a type-c connection, the adaptor for regular earphones and a silicone case.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 30 of 36