Happy New Year and Thank You for 2017!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello everyone, happy Friday!

How has this year gone by so fast? open_mouth

2018 is almost here so we wanted to say a huge thank you to all of you, from everyone in the Community Team, for all your help and support over the past year. We have very much enjoyed being here on the forum with you all and are looking forward to it in 2018 too. smiling 

Achievements infographic

To celebrate these great achievements from all of you added together, which are worth highlighting and being proud of, we are happy to confirm that we got 20 O2-themed hoodies to give away!! nerd

If you'd like one (or if you don't, we still love to see you posting!), please reply in this topic to the question below. We will choose 20 quotes to receive a hoodie as a thank you for being part of our community.

--> UPDATE: The competition element for this topic has now closed. Thanks all for your participation. 

We have the winners for the 20 hoodies!

See the list below, and if you find yourself on it, please send me a Private Message with your address (with your size if you haven't mentioned it yet) so we can send you the hoodie. thumbsup

More info

What has been the best thing for you about being part of the O2 community?

(Also, please include a hoodie size in your reply, or if you'd prefer, PM me with it - this will help with preparing the hoodies quicker).

party party party party party party party

Happy New Year everyone!

party party party party party party party

Message 1 of 200
199 REPLIES 199

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
The O2 community has possibly the most diverse, unbiased and knowledgeable group of regular contributors I've witnessed on any forum.

From simple questions to complex scenarios there are always people who have taken time out of their own lives to contribute to finding a resolution.

The consistency and first hand experience you can find on the O2 community is exceptional and not only mirrors that of O2's customer service channels but builds on it and then some, a level of dedication you simply can't train for.

My journey to the forums started 4-5 years ago when I wanted to bring my experiences and knowledge to others, what's kept me here is the knowledge and experience of others which I've taken and passed on again.

In short. The regular contributors, the people who listen and share their time to help others, you are a credit to O2. Thank you.

It's still cold out, if you deem me worthy of a hoodie, I do swear to wear it with pride in my quest to remain toasty warm (small men's).

Much love.

Message 91 of 200

Anonymous
Not applicable

The best thing about being part of the O2 Community for me is the camaraderie and enthusiasm within the group. Everyone is so friendly but yet committed to resolving issues that arise. Being part of that team makes me so proud and gives me a great sense of achievement when I am able to help others with their problems.

(Size Large in the hoodie for me please, thank you).

Message 92 of 200

Anonymous
Not applicable

In reply to Marjo’s PM, the problem with texting over wi-fi is still a problem. My cellular signal at home is very poor, sometimes non-existent. So I used to use O2 TuGo (I think it was called that) - for both calls and texts over my wi-fi - until O2 removed it last November in favour of wi-fi calling. But, wi-fi calling doesn’t allow texts, only calls, so this was a very retrograde step in my view. O2 appear to have no plans to allow texting over wi-if, nor to improve my cellular reception, so when my contract expires I intend to move to EE who I believe do have a facility to text over wi-if. AndyB.

Message 93 of 200

Anonymous
Not applicable

My size shirt is XXL just like the welcome I get from all the other contributors to O2 forums.

Message 94 of 200

Jade0915
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm quite new here but the best part of being a member of the community is the support and prompt replies or feedbacks you get from questions or queries..Everybody has been supportive and you won't feel left out..This, I think is very important especially for someone like me who's not really tech savy or don't know a lot of know-how about technology, especially about mobile phones or other gadgets..

P.S. Would love to have a hoodie-I am an L but would rather prefer to have XL.. Thanks.

Message 95 of 200

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to delete this sub now, I'm receiving to many emails on my phone and it's using all my battery up deleting them!

I also have the added, continuing problem of Google Mail where as soon as I have deleted a batch of old emails, they are back again in seconds only they also appear in my bin too after deletion.  Haven'y found a way around it yet.

let me know if I have won a hoody but good luck to everyone.

Message 96 of 200

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousJust unsubscribe from the topic (Topic Options top of thread/page.. left hand side and use the drop down menu)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 97 of 200

Paul_H
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For me the best part of the community was discovering "I'm not the only one."  Sometimes you feel it must be you and you're doing something really stupid.  It's reassuring to discover the problem has affected other people and to read about all the various things people are suggesting as a solution - not to mention how a solution will work for a handful of people like a dream and not work at all for everyone else!  I now know that if I have a problem or query I can post here and get, if not an answer, a load of suggestions or recommendations and that's what social media should be about - positive, not depressing, attacking or personal.  Thanks everyone.

P

Message 98 of 200

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The nicest things about the 02 website

Patience

Friendliness

A variety of questions & answers

The  Security in knowing that how ever trivial & naive the query it will be read & answered politely

The best is that no phones are involved so its open to me and and other hard of hearing 02ers                                 

Thank boys and girl

Message 99 of 200

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've learned not to be afraid to ask basic questions, not only about my phone, but tech in general ... & ... have always had an excellent answer, one which I can understand

Also, I've made some good friends (they know who they are)

Yes, 2018 has started well for me, for which I'm grateful slight_smile

If selected please may I have the largest size available please

Message 100 of 200