Happy New Year and Thank You for 2017!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello everyone, happy Friday!

How has this year gone by so fast? open_mouth

2018 is almost here so we wanted to say a huge thank you to all of you, from everyone in the Community Team, for all your help and support over the past year. We have very much enjoyed being here on the forum with you all and are looking forward to it in 2018 too. smiling 

Achievements infographic

To celebrate these great achievements from all of you added together, which are worth highlighting and being proud of, we are happy to confirm that we got 20 O2-themed hoodies to give away!! nerd

If you'd like one (or if you don't, we still love to see you posting!), please reply in this topic to the question below. We will choose 20 quotes to receive a hoodie as a thank you for being part of our community.

--> UPDATE: The competition element for this topic has now closed. Thanks all for your participation. 

We have the winners for the 20 hoodies!

See the list below, and if you find yourself on it, please send me a Private Message with your address (with your size if you haven't mentioned it yet) so we can send you the hoodie. thumbsup

More info

What has been the best thing for you about being part of the O2 community?

(Also, please include a hoodie size in your reply, or if you'd prefer, PM me with it - this will help with preparing the hoodies quicker).

party party party party party party party

Happy New Year everyone!

party party party party party party party

Message 1 of 200
199 REPLIES 199

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Being a member of this Community has introduced me to many new friends I have enjoyed 'bantering' with and from whom I've learned a great deal. Being able to help others where I can making me feel a part of this Community even more. And learning about new tech, new phones and just learning in general. No question I've ever raised has been thought to be stupid and has always been answered. Thank you all for making me feel so welcome, for the laughter, for the help when I needed it and for making 2017 a happy year for me in spite of the horror all around. A hoodie size XL please.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 11 of 200

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1Someone (@Bambino) told me when I first started here

"The only stupid question is the one you don't ask'. I have never forgotten that at all  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 200

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The best part of the O2 community is the helpful and friendly nature of the people that frequent it, unlike a lot of other forums on the internet where people can be rude or insulting just becase you ask a question they see as easy.  I have never found that with this community and it has helped me solve problems on a number of occasions, all with no fuss at all.  Everyone is just nice, friendly and helpful.  We all also have quite a laugh with each other in a light hearted manner, which is really nice in these stressful times.  Beats the likes of facebook and twitter hands down (both of which I don't do btw).

If I am lucky enough to win I would need a medium hoodie BTW slight_smile

Thanks

Steve
Message 13 of 200

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
The best think about being part of the O2 Community, is just that, the sense of being part of a community, people who want to help, support and advise other customers on anything from phones and tablets, to coverage, and others (off topic). Reading and creating great reviews and seeing how others feel about the network and changes, and a sense of pride when your answers help others. (would have to be an XL hoodie)
Message 14 of 200

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I love this thread! heart_eyes So many members echoing the same sentiment which I share! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 200

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, still time until the 15th Jan to participate in this if you haven't posted yet. I'd love to read more! slight_smile

Message 16 of 200

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
What is memorable about this community for me is how I was welcomed into the fold. It makes this place feel like an old favorite jumper that no matter how long has passed in between wearing it, it's always just as comfy.

I can pop in here when I'm having a tough time, if I'm looking to chat or if I'm feeling helpful and see a question asked that I know the answer to, I can try to help other's who are stuck.

Recently when my old Dad died I got lots of support on these boards, it was both supportive and heart warming. I'll always be grateful for that.

All in all, O2 community rocks!! 🙌
Message 17 of 200

LauraMc1987
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To me the best part of the community is all the support. Everyone brings something different to the table and if you post you always find someone with the best knowledge to help you out. I love all the different personalities and the fact you end up chatting to people that you would never end up meeting in day to day life. 

Happy New Year folks...I hope 2018 is a good one!!

Message 18 of 200

Bydandie
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 29 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
For me, it’s all about open and honest debate. There will always be people who are unhappy, but it’s about the community pulling together to conduct an honest appraisals of the situation to allow people to decide on their course of action.

I’m an XL if you’re handing a hoodie out! slight_smile
Message 19 of 200

Frogger
Level 3: Thinker
  • 45 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I enjoy being part of the community to keep on top of new ideas and developments. I learn so much from other members and I simply have to share that knowledge otherwise my brain would overflow.

(P.S. I'm a large size 🙂

Message 20 of 200