Did you mean: 

Guide: how to upload an image to your post

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Below is a quick step by step guide with screenshots on how you can upload a picture and put it in your post.

You'll need to be registered to the community and logged in to be able to post.

On computer:

1. Open a new post to edit (create a new topic, or a reply to an existing topic)

2. Click on the "Insert/edit image" icon in the text editor bar on top of the post:

Screenshot of step 2

3. Click on "Choose file" to choose the photo you want to upload from your computer. Type the title of the image and then click "Insert image":

Screenshot of step 3

4) The image should now be visible in your post. slight_smile

On mobile:

Our current mobile version does not support image upload, so on mobile, you'll have to switch to full view mode of the forum to be able to add an image from your mobile.

1) Switch to full view mode by scrolling to the bottom of the community homepage, and clicking on "Full":

Screenshot of where to click to full view

2) Open a new post to edit (create a new topic, or a reply to an existing topic)

3) Similarly to the desktop version, you can open the"Insert/edit image" popup box by clicking on this icon in the text editor bar in a new post:

Screenshot of step 2 on mobile

3. Click on "Choose file" to choose the photo you want to upload from your mobile. Type the title of the image and then click "Insert image":

Screenshot of step 3 for mobile

4. The image should now be visible in your post. slight_smile

After the image has been uploaded, you'll be able to see it in your own image gallery. So when you want to post the same picture again in another post, you can click on the "from my own gallery" tab in the insert image popup, and choose from there. (Cheers @Mi-Amigo for the tip!)

It's also possible to copy-paste an image that has already been uploaded elsewhere on the internet, into your post (thanks @Cleoriff for the tip!). See instructions in the next post here. This will not add it to your own gallery, however, and be mindful also that if the image gets deleted from its source on the internet, it might then also disappear from your topic.

I hope this helps! If you have any additional thoughts for how-to guides related to forum features specifically, it would be great to hear your suggestions so we can build a list of guide ideas! These are the ones we currently have:

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for this guide @Marjo , long overdue and very useful'

Could I just add that you can directly Copy and Paste an image as well?

On PC.

Google an image, Right click mouse and Copy. Take it to the post you want and right click Paste

When you attempt to post though it will take 2 attempts. It will tell to correct highlighted errors.

Ignore it and press post again. The second attempt will then post an image... as shown below

Image result for Image of Freddie Mercury

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 23

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo 

A nice, concise and easy-to-follow guide.

Just to add.

After posting an image, it will be stored in "My Gallery" [see item 3 in Guide] so you can click on the gallery and choose from the stored images if you want to use the image in another post.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Marjo 

A nice, concise and easy-to-follow guide.

Just to add.

After posting an image, it will be stored in "My Gallery" [see item 3 in Guide] so you can click on the gallery and choose from the stored images if you want to use the image in another post.

@Mi-Amigo 

Unless like me you have over a 1000 images in your gallery, some going back to 2015. I really must find the time to delete a load of them LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 23

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Very good Guide @Marjo and very useful. I could have used it when I was a newbie but I had @Cleoriff to help me. Bless her, she had the patience of a saint till I got the hang of it joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 23

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo  Cheers, that's a good point about the gallery. Oh and the copy-paste @Cleoriff ! I'll add to the guide.

@Cleoriff  Before I realised I can copy-paste the coffee smiley from the smileys website into my posts, or use the Chrome browser smiley dropdown, I always went back about 30 pages of images page by page to try find the coffee one... sweat_smile frowning Careful with the removal of images from the gallery though - I'm not 100% sure if it would also then remove that image from any post you've made with it.

@Glory1 Yes I hope that the guide will help our new members especially who might not know how the feature works yet. Same with all the other forum features too - it would be great if we can build a list of them all together and then see who has interest in helping out with the guide creation. slight_smile

Message 6 of 23

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Thank you @Marjo 

I wondered why I couldn't edit there was no drop down box until I pressed "full"

just as well I read this and great you posted it smiling

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo  I can confirm that removing pictures from your gallery WILL remove them from any post you have made. It's happened to me!!  So a case of being very careful. joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 23

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Wont let me copy and paste unless i am doing it wrong lol

Message 9 of 23

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageI was doing it wrong was trying to copy and paste a pic from my photo's

Message 10 of 23