Did you mean: 

Get ready for the LG G3!

KimberleyH
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi all

We’re pleased to announce the LG G3 is coming to O2 in July. The sequel to LG’s brilliant G2, takes all the best features from the G2 and makes them even better.

The G2’s knock on feature has been improved with Knock Code. With Knock Code, you can tap a pattern on the phone’s screen to unlock the phone, even if the screen’s switched off. Pretty awesome! It has a 5.5 inch QHD display and has a new feature that makes taking a selfie, much more fun. The G3 has a front camera flash and to take a selfie, you just hold your hand up in front of the lens and clench your fist. How cool?! The back camera is 13 megapixel with a nine point autofocus.

By now you must be wondering what this fantastic new device looks like, well here it is:

G3.PNG

Like what you see? Here are some specs to get you even more excited:

Display: 5.5”

Memory: 16GB

CPU: Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor - 2.5GHz

Storage: Up to 128GB in size

Camera: 2.1MP (front camera), 13MP (back camera)

The G3 is coming soon on O2 Refresh. Our website will be updated with all the info soon, keep an eye out for the latest updates here!

We’d love to hear what you think. What feature are you most excited for? Will you be upgrading to the LG G3? Let us know.

Thanks

Kim

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks very nice Kim.

I'm still confused over the current trend of selfies. wink

I wonder if we will see this in the Tech Trials so we can provide a true users review !

Hint hint @Toby
Message 2 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Exciting slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oooh given the fantastic reviews of the LG G2 I am most certainly looking forward to this little beauty.

@ Toby, putting my name down for Device Loan Trial from day 1!

Message 4 of 31

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Glad it allows you to use additional storage as well, which means you don't need to use a USB 2 Go adaptor or cloud storage to keep additional larger files.

Big screen as well even there is no 1440p content yet, it does mean it's future ready.

The hardware does seem to have some advantages over rival: Graphics RAM for the display like LG G2.The headphone/line out allegedly has a "1 Watt output" (this might not seem a lot however when you consider the average MP3 player uses 20mW output), which means you can power demanding headphones or even use desktop speakers with them.

I'll try contain my excitement though as I'm still paying for the LG G2 slight_frown

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 31

xcytin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Are O2 only doing the 16gb with 2gb ram or will you also be stocking the 32gb version?

Message 6 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
LG g3 looks sweet!
Message 7 of 31

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

The G3 is edging closer to launch day folks! Anyone got it in their sights? It'd be a great upgrade for anyone in the market for a larger-screen device... Movies, streaming, games, work-on-the-go - it was made for it... Not to mention the quad-core processor so it's snappy snappy snappy!

Available to buy online (here) and in-store from next Thursday morning (26th June). Our stores will have the device on display so if you're interested, why not pop in for a test drive to get a feel for this lovely device 🙂

PS. To one of the questions above, we'll be stocking the 16GB model rather than the 32GB one. Remember the G3 supports microSD cards up to 128GB so you can add more storage to it than you'd ever need.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 8 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

I'll certainly be heading instore to have a look at it and get the hands-on experience. One I'm definitely interested in slight_smile

Message 9 of 31

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I must say, I'm tempted myself... I envision a Note 3 like device (in terms of performance) in the body of something resembling the HTC One (in terms of quality/feel)...

If you get to give it a spin @jonsie please do come back and let us know your initial thoughts on it 🙂

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 10 of 31