Did you mean: 

Get discounts on your bill with Airtime Rewards

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone!

We've seen a few comments here on the forum occasionally around Airtime Rewards, and thought some more information about it would be helpful to share in case you're not all yet familiar with this awesome service. slight_smile

Screenshot of the Airtime Rewards app Screenshot of the Airtime Rewards app

What is Airtime Rewards?

It's a unique retailer rewards programme which aims to take the cost out of owning a smartphone by rewarding members with discounts on their mobile bills! You can earn rewards through shopping with retailer partners, in-store and online, using the payment cards linked to your Airtime Rewards account.

How do I qualify? How do I download the app? What shops are eligible?

The app will work if you're on Pay Monthly, Pay as You Go, or Business (although for Business it's a slightly different process upon claiming the reward). You can download the app on the Airtime Rewards website. Setting up your account is very easy:

1. Download the APP
  2. Register your number with one-time verification code
  3. Register your 16-digit card number(s)
  4. Once you shop in the qualifying retailers you start to generate a rewards balance. Once it hits £5+ you can redeem it towards your next O2 mobile bill.

Note also that O2 customers exclusively earn a £3 bonus on first purchase. wink

Once you've downloaded the app, you can see which retailers near your location are eligible.

For additional info, see their general FAQs page.

Let us know what you think!

Have you tried this app yet? It would be great to hear your feedback so let us know in the comments what you think about this service! slight_smile

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Awesome guys cheers for sharing your experiences @Glory1  and @gmarkj, good to hear how it works with Business and that 3rd party contracts are eligible as well. thumbsup

Let us know how you like the app @Cleoriff  when you get to try it out! slight_smile

Message 21 of 34

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @Marjo  That list contains a lot of places I shop at, so gonna install this and give it a go.  Will report back here on my experience

Thanks

Steve
Message 22 of 34

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I've just updated the original post with a few additional bits of information based on your replies in this topic. Thanks guys! If you have any other questions at any point please do post them here so we can clarify with the team. slight_smile

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the app too @welshsteve76 . slight_smile

Message 23 of 34

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well how good is this.  I added my card on Friday night and it remained pending when I was in town on Saturday.  Both myself and my wife used our cards at places where the app is valid, but because our cards were pending, we thoguht we would miss out and have to go somewhere this weekend to make our first purchase and get our reward.  But because purchases are given a pending status for so many days, the purchases we made at theweekend have still qualified and the rewards have been added to the accounts.

So far so good yahoo

Thanks

Steve
Message 24 of 34

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

The scheme seems to have got over it's early teething problems. My balance has remained at £1.67 for the last 2 months but I haven't been spending to be fair frowning2

Message 25 of 34

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

Well how good is this.  I added my card on Friday night and it remained pending when I was in town on Saturday.  Both myself and my wife used our cards at places where the app is valid, but because our cards were pending, we thoguht we would miss out and have to go somewhere this weekend to make our first purchase and get our reward.  But because purchases are given a pending status for so many days, the purchases we made at theweekend have still qualified and the rewards have been added to the accounts.

So far so good yahoo

Good to hear it worked for those earlier purchases too @welshsteve76 ! slight_smile

Message 26 of 34

Sam3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How do you use the app in store? I'm new to the AR. Do I just pay as normal with Google pay n it shows up on my rewards? Or do I have to open the app up
Message 27 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

There's no need for the app in store. 
as long as you pay with a registered card it will track your purchases. 
@Sam3 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 34

Sam3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for the quick reply
Message 29 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
No problem 😉
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 34