Did you mean: 

Galaxy Unpacked 2018 - 5pm this Sunday

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys,

MWC is fast approaching (Day 1 kicks off Mon 26th!) and as seems to be tradition, there's some excitement happening before hand. Samsung are holding a 'Galaxy Unpacked 2018' event this Sunday from 5pm UK time. Now, we've no idea what Samsung plan to talk about but for the tech-savvy folk here, we're sure you've got a few ideas wink.

You can watch Samsung's own live stream of the event when it starts right here.

Keep your eyes peeled on the O2 Twitter and/or Facebook accounts and we'll break any news as and when it happens. If something does happen, we'll update everyone on the O2 Community too. And if you're really intrigued, you can register for updates here.

So, who's excited? We got any Samsung fans here who think they know what we'll see?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
Just standard Touchwiz with no fancy add ons.

Thanks. That ultimately was what I reverted back to. Just installed another software update as well...:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 35

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If it asks in future, do not choose easy mode!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
If it asks in future, do not choose easy mode!

LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 35

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The clarity and colours on Samsung screens are second to none, I’d love to own one...  but it’s the bloatware and touch wiz that I can’t stand.

And having seen a few snippets and read bits it seems that there’s nothing substantially new to the S9. Can’t see there being a big rush for this! 

If it helps any, I've been buying Samsung for years - Note 3, then S7 Edge, then Note 8 (what I currently use) and bloatware isn't really an issue these days - certainly nothing that impacts storage, memory or CPU cycles to any sort of noticable degree.

And TouchWiz... I don't have an issue with it personally, but the great thing with Android is there are loads of launchers (most free) on Play Store that give even more functionality - some practical, many aesthetical. I use Nova Launcher Prime and love it. It's quick, lightweight, and has tonnes of functionality and features - even gestures. One such gesture I use is if I 'flick up' on my camera app icon, it'll launch my gallery app.

The screen quality and colours are one of the number one reasons I go with Samsung - everything just 'pops', and on the infinity display it just looks amazing, and the S9 is no different. If you have an S8, the S9 does still offer plenty of reasons to upgrade - the improved camera, super slow motion video, AR Emoji, dual stereo speakers (they are a huge plus over the S8 speaker) and 4K video at 60fps (rather than 30fps).

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 34 of 35

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I have to admit, the dolby atmos speakers by AKG are bloody brilliant.
Message 35 of 35