Did you mean: 

Galaxy Unpacked 2018 - 5pm this Sunday

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys,

MWC is fast approaching (Day 1 kicks off Mon 26th!) and as seems to be tradition, there's some excitement happening before hand. Samsung are holding a 'Galaxy Unpacked 2018' event this Sunday from 5pm UK time. Now, we've no idea what Samsung plan to talk about but for the tech-savvy folk here, we're sure you've got a few ideas wink.

You can watch Samsung's own live stream of the event when it starts right here.

Keep your eyes peeled on the O2 Twitter and/or Facebook accounts and we'll break any news as and when it happens. If something does happen, we'll update everyone on the O2 Community too. And if you're really intrigued, you can register for updates here.

So, who's excited? We got any Samsung fans here who think they know what we'll see?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@viridiswrote:
Something like that I guess.
I have great confidence that a few surprises are coming at MWC

Then I too have confidence...😏

Message 21 of 35

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

So, who liked what they saw from Samsung this evening?

If you're *that* tempted by it, check this out 😉

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 22 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

The clarity and colours on Samsung screens are second to none, I’d love to own one...  but it’s the bloatware and touch wiz that I can’t stand.

And having seen a few snippets and read bits it seems that there’s nothing substantially new to the S9. Can’t see there being a big rush for this! 

Message 23 of 35

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

The clarity and colours on Samsung screens are second to none, I’d love to own one...  but it’s the bloatware and touch wiz that I can’t stand.

And having seen a few snippets and read bits it seems that there’s nothing substantially new to the S9. Can’t see there being a big rush for this! 

I had a note 4 (which sadly died), coming straight from a nexus 5 (and nexus 4 before that).  I also have a Galaxy Tab S2 (after a Tab S and both Nexus 7s. The bloat and touchwiz are over exaggerated .They really are not bad. If you don't like the front end, just put Nova Launcher on the device.

Lest you think I'm a fanboy, I should say my current phone is a Huawei Mate 9 and I will not be buying a Samsung flagship any time soon due to thin and tall screens with permanent reflections down both sides from the curved edges  

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 24 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If honest I had never heard of Touchwiz on my Note 4. Then I started getting prompts to install it. I ignored them till I turned my phone off completely then they were the only two options I had on the black screen when I turned it back on.

Launched easy touchwiz...blumming nightmare. Then@MI5told me to to go to settings and install Touchwiz, not the easy option (they were the only two available). That seemed ok but there were some things still missing, like the facility for blocking numbers. When I checked settings again, I then had the option to return to standard settings. I did that and all fine now.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 35

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Touchwiz is just the Samsung name for their launcher which has been for years.
The problem you faced was a change made by Samsung to make it supposedly easier for people to use that aren’t possibly all that tech savvy.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
Touchwiz is just the Samsung name for their launcher which has been for years.
The problem you faced was a change made by Samsung to make it supposedly easier for people to use that aren’t possibly all that tech savvy.

Well I fit into that category, though I was 'savvy enough' to deal with the launcher already installed. Also savvy enough to reset it back to standard when I decided I didn't like Touchwiz, whatever version they decided to force on me.

Reading Samsung forums I am certainly not alone in my dislike of touchwiz...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 35

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Everyone loves to bemoan Touchwiz but it’s just a launcher that can be easily changed if it bothers the user that much wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 28 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So @MI5 what launcher was on the Note 4 originally?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 35

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just standard Touchwiz with no fancy add ons.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 35