Forum changes...

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
Hello Everyone,
As mentioned briefly in the past, we’re looking to upgrade our forum platform in the coming months. We’re making some huge investments to improve our forum and enhance the forum community. I’m happy to say that the project is progressing smoothly, we’re also taking into consideration the feedback many of you have been giving us like the recent spam issues.
I’m very excited about the facelift and anticipate a similar reaction from all of you. There’ll be lots of fun activities with the forum revamp but we’ll remain focused on the key element – ‘how to make our forum a better place to help each other with any query related to O2 products & services.’
I’ll share more information as soon as I get them, until that watch the space guys! slight_smile
Any feedback or suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks
Abs
Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Bambino,

If you have a look at the first post on this thread - you'll know that we've been talking about the forum changes from a long time. This particular thread was made a ‘sticky thread’ in the old forum under the ‘Announcements’ section to keep everyone aware.

We wanted a fresh start with this re-launch of the O2 Community, having said that we've migrated threads with the busiest content - so, you should still be able to get all the helpful posts that has been answered in the old forum.

Our new O2 Community is fully integrated with our website (http://www.o2.co.uk/) - with this new process, you don’t need to have multiple IDs and it becomes much easier to get everyone involved in the conversations & any further help/ support required.

With regards to your old username and profile – I’m more than happy to make the relevant changes, if you’d like. Just drop me a PM with your details.

Thanks, Abs

Message 51 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I drop you a PM and how do I stop all the mails from everyone who posts in a thread I have posted in from filling up my inbox? I can't see a way to stop mail in preferences.
Message 52 of 77

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@bambino
click on abs nane and then on right hand side send a pm
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 53 of 77

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Click Abs name in the post above and you'll see the "Send a private message" link.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 54 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. How do I stop the email notifications?
Message 55 of 77

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Thanks for the PM, Bambino - I'll get that sorted.

Check your 'Subscription Options' under 'My Settings' to modify any email notifications.

Hope that helps!

Abs

Message 56 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
perksie,
TBH I never knew about the change until the forum was down and I do know a lot more also so it's not just Bambino. Why wasn't our old names moved over is beyond me, every other forum that I'm on have changed but it all moves, tis a bit silly.
iechyd da
Message 57 of 77

goatty2uk
  • 147 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
at least got my user name back
Message 58 of 77

SurreyBoy77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 36 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Abs
Since yesterday have been looking for a way to change the email address attached to my forum profile, but can see no way to do so. Can you point me in right direction please?

Is the forum profile part of my o2 profile? seems to be in terms of login, but when i check my o2 profile, its set to use the email address I want my forum profile to use, but can't see any way to merge the two?

Many thanks,

Message 59 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could always create another O2 account with a different email address
Message 60 of 77