Forum changes...

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
Hello Everyone,
As mentioned briefly in the past, we’re looking to upgrade our forum platform in the coming months. We’re making some huge investments to improve our forum and enhance the forum community. I’m happy to say that the project is progressing smoothly, we’re also taking into consideration the feedback many of you have been giving us like the recent spam issues.
I’m very excited about the facelift and anticipate a similar reaction from all of you. There’ll be lots of fun activities with the forum revamp but we’ll remain focused on the key element – ‘how to make our forum a better place to help each other with any query related to O2 products & services.’
I’ll share more information as soon as I get them, until that watch the space guys! slight_smile
Any feedback or suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks
Abs
Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be very interested to find out how and who the feedback on SPAM is collected and then given to internally @O2. I am assuming this relates to SPAM / Phishing attacks against our webmail customers as in @o2.co.uk customer?

Cheers, Marcus

Message 31 of 77

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@I'd be very interested to find out how and who the feedback on SPAM is collected and then given to internally @O2. I am assuming this relates to SPAM / Phishing attacks against our webmail customers as in @o2.co.uk customer?

Cheers, Marcus

We're mainly talking about forum spam here.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 32 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for letting no one know, except your 'select few', that this change was going to happen. One minute the old forum was there, next it was gone. Haven't been able to use my old username. Doesn't matter, as I doubt that I will use this forum much any more, nor will most others as they probably won't bother to take the time or go through the hassle of re-registering. 

Message 33 of 77

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Bambino,

We made everyone aware of the forum changes in this thread well in advance. We’ve also reserved a number of existing usernames for our users from our old forum.  So, if you’d like to retain your existing username to match the ‘display name’ in the new O2 Community – just drop me a PM and I’ll get it sorted.

Thanks, Abs

Message 34 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I never saw it, and I doubt that many did. This thread certainly wasn't on the page with the latest topics. I don't care about my old username or my 'status' on the forum. Load of old codswallop. What happens to all the old threads? If someone has a query and the answer had been posted in the old forum is there no way to do a search?
Message 35 of 77

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

We've been talking about these changes since last August:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Latest-O2-Info/Forum-changes/m-p/206876#M1862

All the old stuff is here and the forum is searchable.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 36 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

Abs I have also "lost " my forum name my and my history why 

I have to sign on with with "MY O2 " sign on ( email and p/w ) but it refuses to let me use my forum name ,already in use I KNOW ME any suggestions 

Message 37 of 77

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
Oooo shiny new forum
Message 38 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Abs I have also "lost " my forum name my and my history why 

I have to sign on with with "MY O2 " sign on ( email and p/w ) but it refuses to let me use my forum name ,already in use I KNOW ME any suggestions 

You can send Abs a PM as suggested here, about half way down.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Latest-O2-Info/Welcome-on-board/td-p/217669/page/3

Message 39 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

So this is progress ...? I've lost my old login name and historal posts are somewhere else, and registering or logging in now takes me to the o2 login screen instead.... Then it says it'll send me a verification email which never arrives. Anyway, at least I'm logged in with a new id. Surely there was a way of making this changeover more transaparent and user friendly? Getting abs to sort it out is a kludge, not a proper solution. There are going to be a load of redundant ids on here from now on, and abs is going to be very busy Smiley Frustrated

Message 40 of 77