Did you mean: 

Excited for the new Samsung Galaxy? :)

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

Rumour has it that Samsung will be releasing the next Galaxy soon... Are you looking forward to this one? Happy Dance 

News and tech sites are already speculating about what its features could be. Until we know about it in more detail from the Samsung Unpacked event, which takes place on 20th February, see below some of the impressive rumours we've seen so far about the Samsung Galaxy S10 range!

Let us know what other cool things you've read about it so far, and what you think of these potential features? slight_smile Is there anything specific you're really looking forward to?

Three versions and an in-screen fingerprint scanner

“…Samsung now appears to finally be ready to launch its hotly-anticipated in-screen fingerprint reader with the Galaxy S10 range.”

Source: T3

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-1_0 (1).jpg

A dual, triple or quad-lens rear camera

“the biggest (and most expensive) version of the Samsung Galaxy S10 would have a triple-lens camera.”

Source: Tech Radar

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-2_1.jpg 

A new design

“The cheapest could have a flat display”

“Samsung has teased the Galaxy S10 will have a markedly different design from its predecessors, and rumors suggest it'll come in the form of a bezel-free Infinity-O screen with a cutout in the panel for the front-facing camera.”

Source: Tom’s Guide

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-3_0.jpg 

New colour options

“…we could be looking at green, black… colour options for the Galaxy S10.”

Source: Tech Advisor

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-4_0.jpg 

Different cameras for difference models

“According to Ice Universe, the multiple camera systems will breakdown as such ~

Galaxy S10 Lite: one front-facing camera, two rear cameras

Galaxy S10: one front-facing camera, three rear cameras

Galaxy S10 Plus: two front-facing cameras, three rear cameras”

Source: T3

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-5_0.jpg 

Impressive specs

“RAM:

S10 Lite: 6GB RAM

S10: 6GB RAM

S10+: 6GB RAM

Source: InfoSurHoy

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-6_0.jpg

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

No idea why the difference in charges @Glory1 Obviously if both parties have a mobile with unlimited minutes that's a different ball game

However, if you only have a landline it does tend to cost more to ring a mobile as opposed to another landline. Don't know

Well to my mind it's bloody daft, if you ask me. I just can't see a sensible reason for it. But then what do I know. I'm sure the likes of BT would have, for them, a logical reason why laughing

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 31 of 38

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I had to have a landline for the lifeline I wear around my neck otherwise I would use mobile broadband. However, my son in Berlin gets free international calls to a landline so it comes in handy for that. If anyone asks hat my landline number is though, I haven't a clue! worried

Now that I understand. Do you remember your mobile number, though @jonsie?

Yes I have no problem remembering old numbers. I can remember the landline number at my old address, hell, I can even remember my mom's number and she has been dead 20 years. Mobile numbers too, I can remember my dear wife's mobile number from seven years ago! Learning new numbers that I never call proves impossible though....

Well how can you remember a number if you never ring it. I put my mobile number in my phone till I finally remembered it, because I never rang the number either. Now I've had the number for so long I can rattle it off without any problem. But we are talking 10+ years here.

Message 32 of 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes I've had my mobile number for 20 years but it's an easy number to remember. I can remember both my Thai numbers and my wife's Thai number too. It's just anything new I have problems with Help

Message 33 of 38

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

This has gone a bit off topic, but interesting discussion nevertheless and @jonsie when you mentioned about remembering old numbers but not new, it's actually the same for me too. I remember my old landline number, as well as several others (friends, relatives), that I used as a child, but nothing new that gets added immediately into the mobile phone's contacts. Took me over a year to finally properly remember my own mobile number. dizzy Like @Glory1 said it's because we never really need to look at the numbers nowadays, just tap the name of the person instead and it will ring them. grin

Message 34 of 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My husband was shamed into learning his. I could reel it off with no problems and he hadn't got a clue joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 38

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Yes, @Marjo mobile phones have made us lazy about remembering numbers. Just one more thing I don't have to remember, along with log in details which I've programmed my phone to remember for me joy

It all save's time which I seem to have precious little of these days. The time just flies by and I always find I've not managed to do everything I planned.

Thank God for the smartphone, don't know where I'd be without mine yahoo

Message 36 of 38

CJ_Blue
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Looks like this convo is no longer about the S10 😀 but I'm quite tempted even tho I'm only halfway through paying off my S8, depends on whatever offers are available from O2 then I may have to raid my savings 🤔🤫
Message 37 of 38

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys @CJ_Blue@Glory1@Cleoriff@jonsie@TallTrees, @pgn, tonight's Samsung Unpacked event is happening really soon and we'll hear more about the device(s) that is going to be announced! We have a dedicated topic now where you can follow and comment about the live feed from 7pm, see here! slight_smile

Message 38 of 38