Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

Re: Excited for the new Samsung Galaxy? :)

@Cleoriff wrote:

No idea why the difference in charges @Glory1 Obviously if both parties have a mobile with unlimited minutes that's a different ball game

However, if you only have a landline it does tend to cost more to ring a mobile as opposed to another landline. Don't know

Well to my mind it's bloody daft, if you ask me. I just can't see a sensible reason for it. But then what do I know. I'm sure the likes of BT would have, for them, a logical reason why laughing

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

@jonsie wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I had to have a landline for the lifeline I wear around my neck otherwise I would use mobile broadband. However, my son in Berlin gets free international calls to a landline so it comes in handy for that. If anyone asks hat my landline number is though, I haven't a clue! worried

Now that I understand. Do you remember your mobile number, though @jonsie?

Yes I have no problem remembering old numbers. I can remember the landline number at my old address, hell, I can even remember my mom's number and she has been dead 20 years. Mobile numbers too, I can remember my dear wife's mobile number from seven years ago! Learning new numbers that I never call proves impossible though....

Well how can you remember a number if you never ring it. I put my mobile number in my phone till I finally remembered it, because I never rang the number either. Now I've had the number for so long I can rattle it off without any problem. But we are talking 10+ years here.

Topics: 547

Yes I've had my mobile number for 20 years but it's an easy number to remember. I can remember both my Thai numbers and my wife's Thai number too. It's just anything new I have problems with Help

Community Manager

This has gone a bit off topic, but interesting discussion nevertheless and @jonsie when you mentioned about remembering old numbers but not new, it's actually the same for me too. I remember my old landline number, as well as several others (friends, relatives), that I used as a child, but nothing new that gets added immediately into the mobile phone's contacts. Took me over a year to finally properly remember my own mobile number. dizzy Like @Glory1 said it's because we never really need to look at the numbers nowadays, just tap the name of the person instead and it will ring them. Smiley Very Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 677

My husband was shamed into learning his. I could reel it off with no problems and he hadn't got a clue joy

*The Game Is On*

Yes, @Marjo mobile phones have made us lazy about remembering numbers. Just one more thing I don't have to remember, along with log in details which I've programmed my phone to remember for me joy

It all save's time which I seem to have precious little of these days. The time just flies by and I always find I've not managed to do everything I planned.

Thank God for the smartphone, don't know where I'd be without mine yahoo

Level 2: Apprentice

Looks like this convo is no longer about the S10 😀 but I'm quite tempted even tho I'm only halfway through paying off my S8, depends on whatever offers are available from O2 then I may have to raid my savings 🤔🤫
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey guys @CJ_Blue@Glory1@Cleoriff@jonsie@TallTrees, @pgn, tonight's Samsung Unpacked event is happening really soon and we'll hear more about the device(s) that is going to be announced! We have a dedicated topic now where you can follow and comment about the live feed from 7pm, see here! Smiley Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature