Did you mean: 

Connected Car – O2 Community Trial

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 Drive phone car A3_V2.png

REGISTRATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED. DM ME IF YOU'VE REGISTERED YOUR INTEREST BUT NOT YET BEEN SENT A SUITABILITY SURVEY. SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY 6PM FRIDAY 23 NOVEMBER.

At O2 we’re always on the look-out for new ways to help our customers simplify and get the most out of their lives. We’re currently thinking about how customers use their cars and how we can help to improve their experience of owning and maintaining it.

With this in mind, we’re testing a new car product and we’re looking for volunteers to join us on this journey and help test different features of a brand new product with us – and you don’t even need to be an O2 customer to get involved. As a thank you to those we accept on the Connected Car Trial and provide us with the feedback we need, we’ll give you a £30 Amazon voucher at the end of the first 4 weeks. This is subject to you installing and using the device and completing a short survey (10-15 mins) a week for up to 4 weeks. Terms apply (see below for more information).

What is Connected Car?
Connected Car is a ‘plug in and go’ device with an app that connects into your car’s on-board diagnostics port (OBD). It works with most cars that are less than 15 years old.

We know owning a car can be stressful from time to time. Especially when things go wrong. Having to deal with breakdowns, garages and all the hassle and expense that comes with it. We hope that Connected Car will help to reduce these anxieties and give you the information you need to keep your car in running order.

Who are we looking for?
Drivers over 18, with their own wheels who’ll be excited to test out new features and are willing to share their thoughts and feedback with us. Most cars built after 2005 are compatible but we’ll make sure yours is before we start the trial and let you know.

What are we looking for?

We’ll need you to download the App and install the device in your car. During the trial we’ll need to keep a record of your Vehicle Identification Number, car registration details as well as the traffic and location data of your car, recorded on the device and in the App. We’ll also need in-depth feedback on your experience and usage around key tasks and features.

You’ll be placed in a group focussing on a particular feature and there will be three different groups within the trial. Each week we’ll let you know what feature or task to focus on and test and we’ll follow up with a survey to get feedback on your usage that week. All the information you give us, from your car, the App and your survey responses, will only be used for the purposes of this trial and treated respectfully, in accordance with our O2 Privacy Policy, which can be found here. During the trial we’ll be working with Net4Things who will help us collect and store the data.  

You’ll need to set aside around 5-10 minutes a day to test various features of the product and the related app, and around 10-15 minutes for a weekly survey. We expect the trial to last 4-5 weeks, though we may agree to extend the trial with you if necessary to re-test, or test other features or uses (this will not impact your ability to claim the Amazon £30 incentive after the first 4 weeks of the Connected Car trial).

Interested?
We have limited spaces on the Connected Car Trial so sign up now to be in with a chance to help shape the future of Connected Car. Simply leave a comment below stating your interest and Martin, Marjo or Emilie will PM you a short survey to help us assess your suitability. If you'd rather PM us your interest instead of commenting below, then feel free.

Registration for the Connected Car Trial will close 12pm, Monday 19 November 2018. If successful, we’ll let you know by 6pm, Friday 23 November 2018 and invite you to a private board here on the O2 Community so you can discuss all things ‘Connected Car’.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

Salem874
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 42 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Disappointed to have missed out on this 😞

Message 61 of 68

Robbie53
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I do not drive as I'm against pollution as I got diabetes from the exhaust fumes cars give out and me breathing it in at bus stops waiting for transport.
Message 62 of 68

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Robbie53 wrote:
I do not drive as I'm against pollution as I got diabetes from the exhaust fumes cars give out and me breathing it in at bus stops waiting for transport.

Don't worry, the trial is over now so we've all stopped driving again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 63 of 68

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 64 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

That's a new one on me, I didn't even know that was possible.

Diabetes from car fumes? Not clinically proven in any trial.

"Carbon monoxide poisoning (COP) causes hypoxic injury and inflammatory and immunological reactions in the brain and local organs including the pancreas. Therefore, it is plausible that COP may increase the risk for developing diabetes mellitus (DM), but studies on this possible association are limited". 

Unless anyone can link to anything recent, that's my understanding......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 68

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
The only way cars can contribute toward diabetes is from sitting in them and never actually walking anywhere or getting any form of exercise which can lead to problems. Mind you sitting in traffic with the vents open is going to let a lot of CO2 in which can’t be good for your lungs etc.
Message 66 of 68

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Oops.

In response to previous re CO2 by @jezza1234 :

And CO (monoxide) and various oxides of Nitrogen.

Interesting would be a comparison of pedestrian, cyclist and driver's blood CO levels, if anyone knows of one. And a CO meter in the car...

Message 67 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

As this is something which interested me, I can post these findings from The Diabetic Council.

You would need to scroll down to Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. The article discusses AIR pollutants in general.

"Increasing numbers of data indicate that air pollutant exposure is linked to increase risk of developing type 2 diabetes. At the same time, these studies confirm a correlation between the level of air contaminants and the severity of insulin sensitivity in human subjects. What is even more alarming is that the levels of harmful particulate matter in the environment is positively correlated with the levels of blood glucose level of participants who live in effected areas."

https://www.thediabetescouncil.com/can-air-pollution-cause-diabetes/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 68