Community spotlight: jezza1234

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Spotlight banner-9.png

Hey everyone, 

It's time for another community spotlight! yahoo This time around we spoke to @jezza1234 who joined the community back in 2014 and has become a regular face around the boards! 

We asked jezza1234 a few wacky questions which he's answered below! Feel free to ask any follow up questions or say hi. cool

What’s your name and where are you from?

My name is Jeremy and I am from Chelmsford in Essex

Why did you join the 02 forums and why did you stick around?

I joined O2 Forum originally to have a moan- I know that's hard to believe?- about not being able to redeem an O2 offer and after being offered some good advice, and after looking around the forum decided to stay. I would like to think that I have been able to help others along the way.

What, in your opinion, is the most amazing animal?

In my opinion the most amazing animal has to the the Blue Whale. The biggest animal on the planet and one of the most gentle. Even more amazing when you consider they evolved from a land based 4 legged animal called Pakicetus no where as big as the Blue a Whale is. Who knew?!

What are your tastes in music?

I have a very broad taste in music and don't listen to one type. If it's good I'll listen to it. A current favourite is Billie Eilish but I enjoy everything from AC DC to Beethoven and everything in between. I am particularly fond of my Never Mind The Bol&9/ks album which I have on Vynyl and still listen to from time to time. For our younger members it's a generational thing ?. My 25 year sold son has recently added it to his collection. I also have every Pink Floyd album and have seen them 5 times live including the Dark Side of the Moon gig in Hyde Park. First time it had been played live in full since it's release and the departure of Roger Waters. 

What big problem do you think technology will solve next?

Not sure what it WILL solve but one it would be great to solve is traffic congestion. To do this we need to go to the next level of train and public transport and autonomous vehicles. No pressure then!

What household chore do you actually enjoy?

Easy one this one. Has to be washing up. Walk to dishwasher, open door, put in dirty dishes, put tablet in, select programme, close door and start. What's not to love about that???

What luxury is totally worth the price?

A night(or 2) at the Savoy. Done it once and what an experience. 

A close second would be a journey on the Orient Express. Have been on it from Paris to London but would love to do the long route down to Venice.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I spend most of my spare time cycling. Not just in the U.K. but also in France and Belgium where a group of us go and we mix in some history(battlefields etc) beer good wine and food and cycling. What could be better than that? I cycle about 150 miles a week. Running is great but in my opinion it's far better to do marathon distances and more sitting down ??

Awesome spotlight jezza1234! Thanks for taking the time to share a bit about yourself. slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4303 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Interesting spotlight @jezza1234  thumbsup

Nice to find out a bit about you....

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @jezza1234 

What a great spotlight.

Particularly like your choice of music and also have the Never Mind The Bol&9/ks album on vinyl. . Although I'm an absolute Queen fanatic, I do love The Who and Pink Floyd.

We saw Floyd before they were very famous, sadly never again before they split, although I do have every album/CD and DVD.

My sons are 50 and 48, and they also love PF and The Who. Funnily enough, my grandson (age 21) has similar tastes, so only goes to show, some music, spans all age groups.

Great to find out more about you  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

A mad biker who can operate a dishwasher, bonus! I never manage to load it properly (!), but it works fine for me when I am here on my own... Astounded

Nice to read a bit more about you, @jezza1234

Message 4 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Thanks for the spotlight @jezza1234
Great household chore choice🙃

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 9

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great spotlight @jezza1234 . Good to learn a bit more about your interests. slight_smile thumbsup 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 9

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
Thanks all.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @jezza1234 for letting us know a bit about you