Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 116

Re: Community spotlight: Mi-Amigo

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just to move this back to the spotlight tongue winking, it's interesting to see how much you moved about when you were younger @Mi-Amigo 

Was that to do with your parents work, if you don't mind me asking?

Don`t mind at all @Cleoriff .

My dad was a workaholic and lecturer. Any chance of promotion and he took it, even if it meant moving the family around the country. He so wanted me to follow in his footsteps - be head boy at school, go to University, become Vice Chancellor. I was such a disappointment...

Apart from the ref to parents being Americans, this pretty sums up me in my youth... slight smile

animated-elephant-image-0278
Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

@WispaRed7 wrote:

Lovely to know a bit more about you @Mi-Amigo ... thank you for bringing your sense of humour to the community ... & ... I love your quizzes smiling

Thank you @WispaRed7 - so glad you enjoy the quizzes.

As for my sense of humour? Way too much listening and watching The Goons, Spike Milligan [another genius in my book who I actually met], Kenny Everett, and Dave Allen - so yeh I `m a bit of a nutter Bouncy

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

@pgn wrote:

Wow! Fantastic

You forgot the bit about being related to Nicholas Parsons... or perhaps it's Jack Dee? LOL

@pgn  ^^^^^ Wot? Don't know Didn`t Nicholas do The Price`s Right?

Robert Kennedy.

Topics: 688

Nicholas Parsons also played the Narrator in the onstage version of The Rocky Horror Show...(one of my favourite musicals Bouncy)

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@pgn wrote:

Wow! Fantastic

You forgot the bit about being related to Nicholas Parsons... or perhaps it's Jack Dee? LOL

Sale of The Century, actually, on Anglia TV.  Aged 95, he still chairs the radio quiz "Just A Minute" on BBC R4, @Mi-Amigo.

Both he and Jack Dee have the tricky task of dealing with argumentative panellists on the respective quiz that each chairs... it was a kinda compliment wink

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.
Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

@Cleoriff wrote:

Nicholas Parsons also played the Narrator in the onstage version of The Rocky Horror Show...(one of my favourite musicals Bouncy)

I hadn't had you down as a Janet, @Cleoriff rofl

Now perhaps as a Dr. Frank N. Furter, well... LOL

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.

Thans @Cleoriff 

To be honest, despite my love of music, I`m not into musicals and must be one of the few people on the planet who has never see Les Mis nor wants to... but do like Rock Operas inc Tommy and Quadraphenia.

Robert Kennedy.

@pgn wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@pgn wrote:

Wow! Fantastic

Sale of The Century, actually, on Anglia TV.  Aged 95, he still chairs the radio quiz "Just A Minute" on BBC R4, @Mi-Amigo.

Both he and Jack Dee have the tricky task of dealing with argumentative panellists on the respective quiz that each chairs... it was a kinda compliment wink

Wow I didn`t know that @pgn - that is way more than a compliment - thank you. And yes I can be argumentative but not with any of you guys here on the Community.

Robert Kennedy.

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I hadn't had you down as a Janet, @Cleoriff rofl

Now perhaps as a Dr. Frank N. Furter, well... LOL

No...that role usually went to my other half when we travelled with a few friends to see the show(s) @pgn 

My dress up was Magenta...(and the less said about that the better) Jaw-dropping Dance

*The Game Is On*

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thans @Cleoriff 

To be honest, despite my love of music, I`m not into musicals and must be one of the few people on the planet who has never see Les Mis nor wants to... but do like Rock Operas inc Tommy and Quadraphenia.

I have never seen Les Mis either @Mi-Amigo 

The musicals I have been to are Hair, The Buddy Holly story, We Will Rock You and the Rocky Horror Show.

I missed out on The Lion King...I would have loved that. wink

*The Game Is On*