Community awards 2019!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Community Awards.png

Hey everyone, 

It's finally time for the 2019 Community Awards! Things will work very similar to last year's awards although we've made a few tweaks to the categories this time around to keep things fresh. cool

What are the Community Awards? 

The community awards is a vote-based award system where you can pick a member or piece of content to win the award for one of the categories listed below! 

The winners will get a brand new shiny signature card for this year's award that can be displayed in their forum signature!

Most Helpful Member.png

Who can participate? 

The awards are open to everyone with a community account, whether its a day or 10 years old. yahoo

How does it work?

All you need to do is copy the list of categories and send me a private message with your nominations! To keep the winners a surprise please don't post your nominations in the thread comments. wink

Where possible, only vote for one member in each category and don't vote for the same member in more than one category. The time period for the activity will be from the end of October 2018 (when the previous awards took place) to the end of 2019. 

The voting period will be open for 2 weeks, closing on Friday 21st of Feb.

The categories!

Best Review
Best Newbie
Best Username
Best game arranger
Best Photographer
Most Helpful Member
Techiest Member
Biggest Phone Collector
Biggest Topic Starter
Funniest Member
Funniest Post
Friendliest Member
Most Interesting Thread
Most Useful How-To-Guide
Most Random Thread 

We're also introducing a special award category this year which will be dedicated to Glory1, who we sadly lost during 2019. She made such a big impact on the community and we (the community team as well as our friends at O2) wanted to recognise her contributions in the awards.

What happens after nominations?

Once the nomination period has ended we'll post a new thread announcing the winners! The signature cards will then be made available to the winners and we'll be able to help anyone who needs it update their signature. We can also host the images on the community platform so they don't disappear. wink 

We can't wait to see who and what gets nominated this year! Don't forget to nominate via PM only but to help give everyone's a memory a jog feel free to share some of the more memorable moments from the community last year in the comments! smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just a query here @Martin-O2 

Some of the 'How To Guides' have been updated due to changes offered by O2. Are these still eligible?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2No need to reply to the above. I have made my choice, innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 43

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No worries @Cleoriff! I think for anyone else who's yet to submit their nominations we will accept updated guides as long as it wasen't a super small edit. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 43

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
What a great idea.

I will pm you my nominations for those that have stood out for me .
unnamed
Message 5 of 43

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

And my choices are in - very hard to adhere to the "don't vote for a member more than once" rule... but hey, what the heck.

Message 6 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't been around for the whole year but @Mi-Amigo is a name synonymous with fun & games .. 7k posts.. that's not to be sniffed at!

I'm sorry but I've had to vote for the same person in several different categories because certain people are soooo good at what's they do!

Message 7 of 43

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't been around for the whole year but @Mi-Amigo is a name synonymous with fun & games .. 7k posts.. that's not to be sniffed at!

Unlike the bar maid's apron...joy

Message 8 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unlike the bar maid's apron...joy

And there's a candidate for funniest poster! (Pay me later!)

Message 9 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I agree. Very difficult to adhere to the rule of trying to avoid nominating the same person more than once.

So I didn't adhere to it. Hey ho..... Shoot me now tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 43