Level 33: Firestarter

Re: Community Spotlight: Welshsteve76

Hello @welshsteve76 

Thank you for your spotlight.

Liked your vision of "dream house"rofl

Topics: 25
Kudos: 275

@welshsteve76 you need to do Canada at least twice: once in the summer & once in the winter. Once you try a winter in Canada, you'll just laugh at the pitiful moans about UK winters.  Well worth going from Alberta through to Vancouver around the Rockies (we did by car) though you won't be disappointed by Toronto/Ontario (recommend you do that first). 

Topics: 140

I think being able to chat with Brian Cox would be ace!  Brian Cox *and* Quantum Computing... Thoughful

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Topics: 344

Great Spotlight @welshsteve76 .

It is nice to learn more about you and your interests thumbsup - particularly your taste in music and bands.

animated-elephant-image-0278

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Anonymous

Wonderful spotlight @welshsteve76 

You say you'd like to live in Lanzarote

I too like the Canary Islands ... & ... understand why you like Lanzarote ... the climate & outdoor lifestyle

Level 17: Luminescent

[ Edited ]

@sheepdog- Drives me nuts when people complain about the weather. It's too hot, or it's too cold etc. There's quite literally nothing anybody can do about it LOL

@pgn- yeah that would be awesome

@Mi-Amigo- I have a varied taste in music, although the vast majority of the bands and artists I listen to are heavy rock/metal

@Anonymous- It always just seems so chilled out there. I love it. I've never been to any of the another canary islands though. Just Lanzarote

Thanks

Steve
Topics: 580

I've been to all 4 main islands and I've always favoured Tenerife. Try the island hopper that a lot of the local travel agencies do in Lanzarote on a three day excursion. 

Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,113
Blog Posts: 2

I've also been to Tenerife and loved it. Also, while I was there did a day trip to La Gomera which, at the time, was unspoilt and beautiful. Never made it to the other islands, unfortunately.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 765

I went to Gran Canaria about 35 years ago with my youngest son. Unless it's changed dramatically, I hated it. The apartment complex had a pool, other than that there was nothing in the way of entertainment close by. All shops etc were in small complexes.

With hindsight I should have booked into a hotel but money was short so I did things on the cheap.

The beach was a long way from the apartment.

I expect it has changed now, although I have no wish to return.

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Topics: 580

No, I wasn't impressed with Gran Canaria nor Fuerteventura. Lanzarote we went to in January, two months before my wife passed away so I look back on that holiday with sadness as she wasn't well at the time. For that reason I wuld never go back there.