Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight: TheGreyApe

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Happy Friday everyone!

It's time for a new Community Spotlight bulb This time, we'll be focusing on a member who joined quite recently, and right away started a lot of really interesting tech-related discussions! He's been a great addition to the community and we're so happy to have him with us. I asked him a few questions to help us get to know him a bit more, but if you're curious about anything else feel free to ask in the comments slight_smile

Spotlight banner-6.png

What’s your name and where are you from?

Luke, from Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Why did you join and stay on the Community?

I decided to join as the Off-Topic community was great and there was a lot of variations in themes and conversations which peaked my interest.

What is the story behind your username, "TheGreyApe"?

I used to be part of a Twitch Streaming group called Animalia which was an animal themed group and we raised money for our individual animals e.g. Grey Apes was mine and I had a donation link directly to the WWF for Apes.

Are you a tea or a coffee person?

Technically Coffee, however I prefer Iced Lattes.

From all the tech news you’ve posted in the past, I’m curious: Apple, Android or Windows?

I've always been a huge Apple fanboy, having the iPhone X, Apple Watch, Macbook Air, but I really like the way Android systems operate. When I get my work phone I'll be going for an android device as a variation.

Do you have any pets?

I have a Yorkshire Terrier called Riley, he's 11. Always celebrate his birthday by making home made Dog Biscuits (yes petstores sell Make your Own Kits, like you would if you were making brownies)

If you could have any superpower, what would you want?

I guess the Superpower would be Luck. Sounds cliché but always knowing things will go your way doesn't sound like such a bad idea in this world.

What else do you like to do in your spare time?

My Spare time is entirely consumed with love-life and My Companies I run.

I run a Record Label called Cry Records which is up and coming but I have artists signed on with me at the moment so am working on promotional posts for it.
I'm a Part Owner/Studio Manager in HotBox Entertainment, A studio in Northern Ireland.
I run an interviewing company called Revealed.NI which is a lyrical breakdown with artists and revealing behind the scenes in what goes into organising shows etc.
I'm also a musician myself so I work on my own music alongside everything else.

I also have many hobbies like photography but its usually when Im out and about with the lady I would take photos of where we have been.

Favourite movie? clapper

I couldn't pin it to one movie but a very high one on the list for me is Baby Driver. It's such an aesthetically pleasing movie as the soundtrack links very heavily in with the movie and the story is really good.

Which future development in tech are you looking forward to?

Personally tech is changing constantly so I'm excited for everything; new phones, new computer parts, new vehicles etc.

Thanks again for answering all my questions @TheGreyApe, and have a lovely weekend everyone Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I don't really record I can't exactly cover anything on drums lol
Message 21 of 31

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2 Definatley see! Im sure there would be

Message 22 of 31

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Homemade cat biscuits, if any of you find some recipes let me know too. grin

(For my cats, I mean)

Message 23 of 31

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Well that's interesting @Marjo
I made all the food for my dog. It was a pleasure.
I didn't make the biscuits because he loved markies marrowbone biscuits.
I wonder what cats like to taste. They are mainly meat eaters. Some meaty flavours.
I'll have a look. 😻😼😽😻

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 24 of 31

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Cats like fish, chicken, rabbit - which you buy depends on your stinkiness tolerance levels...
Message 25 of 31

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Well @pgn "one" has to set aside sqeamishness/ stinkiness of all styles when taking care of another species so onwards and upwardly stinky😻😽😼🤢🤢🤪🤪🤮🤮

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 26 of 31

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
@Marjo
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup powdered skimmed milk powder
1 beaten egg
1/2 teaspoon of bovril (bovril is a beef meat paste for using as soup flavouring or drinking)
(mixed in small amount boiling water) let to cool - do in advance.
Mix all ingredients and use the bovril flavour to bring it all to a stiff dough.
Roll out to about 40mm thick cut into small biscuits.
Bake in oven at 180C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Some judgments needed 😽😻

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 27 of 31

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

(For my cats, I mean)

@Marjo 

Maybe you should have a thread for you likkle kitties Cat? Like @EmilieT has for her guinea pig fluffballs... hamster

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 28 of 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

(For my cats, I mean)

@Marjo 

Maybe you should have a thread for you likkle kitties Cat? Like @EmilieT has for her guinea pig fluffballs... hamster

We do have a Cats and Dogs thread already @Mi-Amigo https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Cats-amp-Dogs/td-p/1061669/page/35

Having checked, I see you have posted on it LOL Whoops Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 31

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
@Marjo
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup powdered skimmed milk powder
1 beaten egg
1/2 teaspoon of bovril (bovril is a beef meat paste for using as soup flavouring or drinking)
(mixed in small amount boiling water) let to cool - do in advance.
Mix all ingredients and use the bovril flavour to bring it all to a stiff dough.
Roll out to about 40mm thick cut into small biscuits.
Bake in oven at 180C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Some judgments needed 😽😻

Instead of bovril

you can buy a small tin of sardines ~ use one or two mashed up in the mix and make that into a dough cut into small biscuits and bake at 180C (fan oven better) for about 30 mins make sure they look cooked golden colour if you roll out thinish you can cook them less time and they will get crispy.

Great for treats.  You can then use rest of sardines for mixing into general meals (keep tin in fridge in a plastic sealed container use up reasonably quickly)

Hope this helps Best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 30 of 31