Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight: TheGreyApe

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Happy Friday everyone!

It's time for a new Community Spotlight bulb This time, we'll be focusing on a member who joined quite recently, and right away started a lot of really interesting tech-related discussions! He's been a great addition to the community and we're so happy to have him with us. I asked him a few questions to help us get to know him a bit more, but if you're curious about anything else feel free to ask in the comments slight_smile

Spotlight banner-6.png

What’s your name and where are you from?

Luke, from Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Why did you join and stay on the Community?

I decided to join as the Off-Topic community was great and there was a lot of variations in themes and conversations which peaked my interest.

What is the story behind your username, "TheGreyApe"?

I used to be part of a Twitch Streaming group called Animalia which was an animal themed group and we raised money for our individual animals e.g. Grey Apes was mine and I had a donation link directly to the WWF for Apes.

Are you a tea or a coffee person?

Technically Coffee, however I prefer Iced Lattes.

From all the tech news you’ve posted in the past, I’m curious: Apple, Android or Windows?

I've always been a huge Apple fanboy, having the iPhone X, Apple Watch, Macbook Air, but I really like the way Android systems operate. When I get my work phone I'll be going for an android device as a variation.

Do you have any pets?

I have a Yorkshire Terrier called Riley, he's 11. Always celebrate his birthday by making home made Dog Biscuits (yes petstores sell Make your Own Kits, like you would if you were making brownies)

If you could have any superpower, what would you want?

I guess the Superpower would be Luck. Sounds cliché but always knowing things will go your way doesn't sound like such a bad idea in this world.

What else do you like to do in your spare time?

My Spare time is entirely consumed with love-life and My Companies I run.

I run a Record Label called Cry Records which is up and coming but I have artists signed on with me at the moment so am working on promotional posts for it.
I'm a Part Owner/Studio Manager in HotBox Entertainment, A studio in Northern Ireland.
I run an interviewing company called Revealed.NI which is a lyrical breakdown with artists and revealing behind the scenes in what goes into organising shows etc.
I'm also a musician myself so I work on my own music alongside everything else.

I also have many hobbies like photography but its usually when Im out and about with the lady I would take photos of where we have been.

Favourite movie? clapper

I couldn't pin it to one movie but a very high one on the list for me is Baby Driver. It's such an aesthetically pleasing movie as the soundtrack links very heavily in with the movie and the story is really good.

Which future development in tech are you looking forward to?

Personally tech is changing constantly so I'm excited for everything; new phones, new computer parts, new vehicles etc.

Thanks again for answering all my questions @TheGreyApe, and have a lovely weekend everyone Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Great spotlight @TheGreyApe  and nice to know more about your interests. I would aspire to be an accomplished musician but happily strum a few tunes on the guitar.

It's interesting that you don't write with an Irish accent.....rofl

Message 11 of 31

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Its all small steps! aha
Message 12 of 31

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4303 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great Spotlight @TheGreyApe  thumbsup

Nice to find out a bit about you.

You certainly have a busy life with one thing and another.

Message 13 of 31

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Interesting spotlight @TheGreyApe
Good mix of interests. Nice you care for animals too. Hope to see you joining here and there when you can. Best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 14 of 31

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Cool a fellow musician I play drums lol
Message 15 of 31

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Nice to see another Nor'n Iron "face" 💪

Perhaps I'll overlook the 🍏🍎 thing tho' 😁

Message 16 of 31

TheGreyApe
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TallTrees Thank you! Will be dipping in and out when I get the chance to!

Message 17 of 31

TheGreyApe
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@liggerz87 Feel free to hit me up on Private Message if you have any Links for Youtube Drum Covers would love to hear some stuff!

Message 18 of 31

TheGreyApe
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn Finally! haha Apple isn't too corrupt, just wait till Facebook starts making phones rofl

Message 19 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Brilliant spotlight @TheGreyApe ! It was a really interesting read. I didn't know home made dog biscuits were a thing! joy I'll have to see if there is something similar for cats. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 31