Community Spotlight: SamsungFanBoy

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Community Spotlight: SamsungFanBoy

Hi everyone, happy Friday!

I hope you've been enjoying this past week and are looking forward to the sunny Saturday and Sunday ahead! ☀️

It's time to post a new Community Spotlight today! yahoo You might have seen SamsungFanBoy around on the Community since April this year, discussing various topics in several help boards as well as Discussions & Feedback. We thought it would be great to learn a bit more about him! Thanks very much @SamsungFanBoy  for answering our questions below. thumbsup 

Don't hesitate to say hi everyone and ask if you have any additional questions not listed here! smiling

What's your name and where are you from?

My name is Simon and I'm from the East Midlands.

Why did you join and stay on the community?

I joined the EE community when it first started up (I was an EE customer at the time). I quite enjoyed it and end up with them making me a Community Manager giving me access to the lounge area because of my knowledge. They asked me if I'd worked in telco before which I hadn't so that was pretty cool. That's why when I left EE, I joined the O2 Community. I guess I like to use it as a way as well to keep up to date.

Based on your username, you're obviously a fan of Samsung. Smiley Very Happy What made you a fan originally?

I am a fan of Samsung. My first Samsung phone was the Samsung A300 on BT Cellnet (now O2) which was the first black and white flip phone that had the dual display so you could see from the front who was calling you which wasn't previously possible and by flipping the phone up on the older models, you had no choice but answer as they used to answer automatically. This gave users a choice to answer or not. I loved it and thought it was ace! I've loved their phones ever since!

I had their first touch screen phone the Samsung Tocco F480, to their first smartphone on their own now defunct operating system called Bada which was the Samsung Wave S8500 then I went onto the Galaxy S range. I started off with their very first watch which was called Samsung Gear and had a lovely orange strap with a camera protruding out at the side which very often used to be caught and I'd be recording the pavement as I was walking around lol! I also had the first very Galaxy Tab 10.1 so yeah, I should have shares. 😛

What toppings belong on your favourite pizza? 

My favourite pizza is probably a margarita with extra mozzarella, sundried tomatoes and basil pesto.

Do you have any pets?

I don't have any pets although I like cats.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

In my spare time, I love to get out and about. Travel and see new and exciting places!

Which future development in tech are you excited about?

I'm definitely most excited about the 5G roll out. The speeds are going to be amazing! I just hope it comes to my region fairly quickly. slight_smile

What's your favourite TV show and movie?

I've just recently subscribed to a TV app and I've been streaming the Chernobyl Series to my TV and I've absolutely loved it! Another TV series fave is The Tudors which was aired a few years ago.

My favourite film is probably The Cunjuring 2. Not many horror films make me jump but that one did!

Do you listen to any specific music genre and what's your favourite artist/band?

I'm definitely a 90s head when it comes to music.. Mainly Electronic, Pop & Trip Hop. I have different favourite artists so really I can't choose just one.

I do really like Röyksopp and Susanne Sundfør though. I was also a fan of the original Sugababes.

If you had to spend 5 months on a deserted island isolated from the rest of the world, what 5 items would you take with you?

If I was to spend 5 months on a desert island

I would need:

1. Yorkshire Tea
  2. My Galaxy Buds
  3. My Galaxy S10 for my music
  4. A handheld fan
  5. Plenty of water tongue

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
The Prodigy, I didn't really pay much attention to in all honesty. I like a couple of tracks by them but they weren't really my thing. I was more into the stuff that was coming out of Mainland Europe & Scandinavia at the time. I've never really listened to a lot of what's in the UK charts. I guess I get bored of hearing it when I'm out and about.
Message 11 of 34

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I didn't have the Omnia. My friend had it. I've never liked Windows as an operating system for mobiles or computers and have always avoided it like the plague!! I remember dropping and breaking my Tocco and I got the Genio Touch as a cheap replacement which is still in my drawer! I also still have my BT Cellnet 'U' Philips C12 and my Siemens C35i too from before my Samsung days 😛 the last time I switched them on, they all still worked! I just don't have an old style O2 2G SIM card to put in them which is a shame! The new ones aren't accepted even when you don't pop out the nano or micro.
Message 12 of 34

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Samsung for me too @SamsungFanBoy
Nice spotlight. Bye TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Samsung​normally for me normally but I have to say that I'm very impressed with the Honor View20. Thank you @Cleoriff 🙏

Message 14 of 34

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Samsung​normally for me normally but I have to say that I'm very impressed with the Honor View20. Thank you @Cleoriff 🙏

@jonsie I'd definitely like to read more on this device ... a review maybe? wink

More on topic: Fantastic spotlight @SamsungFanBoy, thanks for telling us more about yourself! I've only seen the first episode of Chernobyl so far, but I keep hearing it's amazing so I'll have to finish it up slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for a lovely Spotlight @SamsungFanBoy smiling

I am hearing a lot about the tv series Chernobyl ... I shall have to view it on catchup 

Message 17 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for a lovely Spotlight @SamsungFanBoy smiling

I am hearing a lot about the tv series Chernobyl ... I shall have to view it on catchup 

You wont be disappointed @Anonymous . Brilliant series, although mixed with much sadness. The one good thing to come out of it is the forest and nature reserve which has grown there. Wild animals who will remain untouched as people are banned from entry for the next 20,000 years 

Chernobyl.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 34

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
It amazes me that anything can survive the amount of radiation that's still there. The affect on Belarus has been terrible as well!
Message 19 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

In the programme they explained that the animals probably have a certain amount of radiation within them and it is protecting them.

More here @SamsungFanBoy  https://allthatsinteresting.com/chernobyl-animals-red-forest

Absolutely amazing really...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 34