Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight: Jenny105

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Jenny105 spotlight topic header image

Hello everyone, I hope you've had a good week and are enjoying your Friday.

I'm happy to announce that we have a new Community Spotlight to post today! Happy Dance @Jenny105 has been a member on our community since 2014, and you might have seen her around in various discussions over the past few years, both in general discussions, and also often asking and getting great help to various tech questions. It was awesome to be able to prepare this spotlight with her and I hope you all enjoy reading it and getting to know her a bit more.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any additional questions not listed below. smiling

What's your name and where are you from?

Hi my name is Jeannie, I was born in Sussex but moved to Winchester gradually moving back to East Sussex where I've lived ever since. A beautiful county with sea, the cliffs and rolling Downs. 

Why did you join and stay on the community?

It was a few of years ago that I joined. It was probably to ask a question about my clam shell phone. I was surprised by the generosity, kindliness- and professional answers. 

What do you like about O2? 

The reason I love O2 in general is the LIVE CHAT. For deaf/partial hearing this is amazing. Being part hearing I know how to be precise and use written detail to get the best out of this service. Its not for everyone as it can seem tedious, long and drawn out. For me its cool, reassuring and professional.

How do you take your tea/coffee?

Early morning from a kettle by the bed! Milk, teabag, boiling water. Fairtrade. I love Peanut Hottie when it can be found.

What's your favourite animal and why?

The Manatee, a flobby, blobby sea creature from Florida. Thought to have been what sailors called a mermaid. I ought to choose dogs. I like dogs, it was never possible to own one. I'm hoping to own a Sounds Dog for the deaf in the coming year.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I used to belong to a Camera Club plus The Rock but my hearing made that difficult. So now Code word puzzles, Aqua classes x 2, sea swimming from a beach hut, a smaller Choir called Eden Blue, A rock, pop and gospel group plus lip reading classes. We enjoy country downland walks and picnics. That is when I'm not messing around on my laptop or on O2 Community.

Im Mum to one son in an automotive body shop, Nana to 2 lovely grandchildren 11 and 9. They/we  enjoy our garden swings, nature, space and the rock pools on the beach.

I retired early from teaching ESL in primary schools, illness and deafness issues, but became a disability adviser until full retirement.

Which future development in tech are you excited about?

None, since the invention of Apps and smartphones confusion reigns. However if something could be found to improve my hearing that would be wonderful.

What's your favourite TV show and movie?

Mrs Browns Boys is top of the list tho we watch a lot of old Dads Army replays. Movie - probably - Sliding Doors, an intriguing glimpse fate and chance.

Do you listen to any specific music genre and what's your favourite artist/band?

I stopped listening to music about 20 years ago. But I practice choir enjoying Gospel.  In Rock choir I loved ''Hallejujah'' in Eden Blue ''Amen''.

Which mobile phone do you currently have and what do you like about it?

Amplicomms M9500. It's a phone I can hear, tho rarely do I have the courage to ring. Whatsapps and text are great. The phone has the facility to be used in Simple Mode.

If you could have a one-to-one conversation with any celebrity (dead or alive), who would it be?

Cliff Richard      or Jesus      The local sign language group use Cliffs Xmas songs for their winter charity concerts. I'd also love to hear more about his life and career.  Jesus would be uncomfortable but intriguing.

Thanks again @Jenny105  for answering our questions above. Much appreciated! hugging

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

I can't begin to imagine what a Peanut Hottie is... but I have had Peanut Soup many years ago, very tasty.

Nice to read a little more about you, @Jenny105!

Message 11 of 19

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hmmmmm  sounds a bit suspect, -risque doesnt it .   A peanut hottie isnt a hot water bottle fuelled by roasted peanuts . It comes in a coffee sized jar in tiny granule form. I guess it has ground peanuts , milk powder and sugar (?). Pop some into a mug with hot water to mix and yummy yummy.

Additions made were tspn hot choc,  or coffee, or Baileys    or all 3:smileyhappy:

If U like the sound of P H rush to local supermarket along with with family, friends, enemies and 02 community PM pals, FB friends, instagram , whats app  and demand to know where the Peanut Hottie is Mexican Wave         That way i might get another jar.    If found lurking on the shelves of a store please pass on the identity of said shop x

Message 12 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great spotlight @Jenny105 ! It was a really good read and it was nice to learn a bit more about you. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 19

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Another great spotlight grin

Thanks

Steve
Message 15 of 19

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 24907 Posts
  • 798 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great Spotlight @Jenny105 

Nice to learn more about you slight_smile

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 16 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Lovely Spotlight @Jenny105m, thanks for answering all those questions smiling

I love that your favourite animals are manatees and dogs, the former is quite unsual!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Late to the party again but great spotlight @Jenny105  and good to learn a bit more about you.

Apologies for not replying on the day but I only just found this spotlight by chance, so am replying a week late.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

An interesting Spotlight @Jenny105 thank you very much for letting us know a bit more about yourself smiling

Message 19 of 19