Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight: Jenny105

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Jenny105 spotlight topic header image

Hello everyone, I hope you've had a good week and are enjoying your Friday.

I'm happy to announce that we have a new Community Spotlight to post today! Happy Dance @Jenny105 has been a member on our community since 2014, and you might have seen her around in various discussions over the past few years, both in general discussions, and also often asking and getting great help to various tech questions. It was awesome to be able to prepare this spotlight with her and I hope you all enjoy reading it and getting to know her a bit more.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any additional questions not listed below. smiling

What's your name and where are you from?

Hi my name is Jeannie, I was born in Sussex but moved to Winchester gradually moving back to East Sussex where I've lived ever since. A beautiful county with sea, the cliffs and rolling Downs. 

Why did you join and stay on the community?

It was a few of years ago that I joined. It was probably to ask a question about my clam shell phone. I was surprised by the generosity, kindliness- and professional answers. 

What do you like about O2? 

The reason I love O2 in general is the LIVE CHAT. For deaf/partial hearing this is amazing. Being part hearing I know how to be precise and use written detail to get the best out of this service. Its not for everyone as it can seem tedious, long and drawn out. For me its cool, reassuring and professional.

How do you take your tea/coffee?

Early morning from a kettle by the bed! Milk, teabag, boiling water. Fairtrade. I love Peanut Hottie when it can be found.

What's your favourite animal and why?

The Manatee, a flobby, blobby sea creature from Florida. Thought to have been what sailors called a mermaid. I ought to choose dogs. I like dogs, it was never possible to own one. I'm hoping to own a Sounds Dog for the deaf in the coming year.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I used to belong to a Camera Club plus The Rock but my hearing made that difficult. So now Code word puzzles, Aqua classes x 2, sea swimming from a beach hut, a smaller Choir called Eden Blue, A rock, pop and gospel group plus lip reading classes. We enjoy country downland walks and picnics. That is when I'm not messing around on my laptop or on O2 Community.

Im Mum to one son in an automotive body shop, Nana to 2 lovely grandchildren 11 and 9. They/we  enjoy our garden swings, nature, space and the rock pools on the beach.

I retired early from teaching ESL in primary schools, illness and deafness issues, but became a disability adviser until full retirement.

Which future development in tech are you excited about?

None, since the invention of Apps and smartphones confusion reigns. However if something could be found to improve my hearing that would be wonderful.

What's your favourite TV show and movie?

Mrs Browns Boys is top of the list tho we watch a lot of old Dads Army replays. Movie - probably - Sliding Doors, an intriguing glimpse fate and chance.

Do you listen to any specific music genre and what's your favourite artist/band?

I stopped listening to music about 20 years ago. But I practice choir enjoying Gospel.  In Rock choir I loved ''Hallejujah'' in Eden Blue ''Amen''.

Which mobile phone do you currently have and what do you like about it?

Amplicomms M9500. It's a phone I can hear, tho rarely do I have the courage to ring. Whatsapps and text are great. The phone has the facility to be used in Simple Mode.

If you could have a one-to-one conversation with any celebrity (dead or alive), who would it be?

Cliff Richard      or Jesus      The local sign language group use Cliffs Xmas songs for their winter charity concerts. I'd also love to hear more about his life and career.  Jesus would be uncomfortable but intriguing.

Thanks again @Jenny105  for answering our questions above. Much appreciated! hugging

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for your spotlight. Very interesting. Your home near the sea is a great spot.
@Jenny105
Message 2 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

A lovely spotlight @Jenny105 

Personally I am so grateful you were very open about your hearing issues. We have learnt a lot on the community from you about this. Hopefully we will continue to improve services for all hearing impaired members.

Re your dog, which I am looking to hear more about...have you chosen the breed yet?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

Hi Wave

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 19

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Hi, great insight 🙂
Message 5 of 19

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10628 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @Jenny105
Nice spotlight, thanks for sharing and giving your experience with regard to hearing needs. Best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 19

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
Thanks for sharing more about yourself @Jenny105.
I will echo @Cleoriff's comment about learning more and helping to benefit everyone from that.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 19

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi ya thanks for all your posts.  

When working for ESDA - disability group I learn the social mode of disability ie  society needs to provide for disabled people Not disabled people hiding from society. (Big words for Friday night)

See post Ding dong Happy PAWS  thought or similar . I'll post there.

x

Message 8 of 19

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi   M

Thanks for your many positive suggestions, answers and salvations . Tea and (virtual) choc hobnobs might have to go up a notch -  he he  x

Message 9 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Jenny105 wrote:

Hi   M

Thanks for your many positive suggestions, answers and salvations . Tea and (virtual) choc hobnobs might have to go up a notch -  he he  x

thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 19