Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight: EmilieT

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, happy Friday!

2 weeks ago we restarted our Community Spotlights again and learned more about our member Curmudgeon (check out his Spotlight here). Smiley Happy It's time for another one, and I believe some of you were wishing hard for this one...

EmilieT

@EmilieT joined the Community Team as our new Community Manager beginning of April this year and you've probably seen her around a lot already in various discussions here on the community. It's time to learn a bit more about her with the Q&A below. Thank you all who were sending over your questions earlier and don't hesitate to reply and ask if you want to know anything else. smile

------

Can you tell us a little about your previous workplaces and studies?

Of course! I went to University to study Literature, and focused on Medieval French literature. It was really interesting but I have to admit I've forgotten most of my Latin and Old French now ... before joining the Community I was working up the ladder of Customer Service for a toy company. As far a CS goes, it was probably one of the best places to be!

What 1 thing would you introduce from a previous workplace/other on-line community you are a member of?

More games! When I was younger I was part of a amateur writers' online Community and there were a lot of posts with word or conversational games. It was a long time ago and in French, but I'd love to dig up some threads from there and get some inspiration for more games around here (The This or That thread was a great start and reminded me of it).

What's the most outrageous thing that's happened to you at work?

@Marjo drinking my coffee, by accident (or so she says...) 

What car do you drive?

That's an easy one - I don't have a license so thankfully for everyone's safety I do not drive any wink

I understand you have expressed an interested in Formula 1.

1. Have you managed to watch any races so far and what do you think?
  2. F1 is returning to France this year after a gap of 10 years. It will be at the Paul Ricard circuit in Le Castellet on the 24th of June. Would you have any interest in attending? 

Yes & yes! Well ... I have watched the last race's highlights on Youtube and quite liked it. I'm not sure I'm ready yet for a full-length race but I'm easing into it. As for Le Castellet I have family not far from there, and it's a lovely area so I'd happily attend and take in the exciting atmosphere.

Do you have an iPhone, Android or something else?

My trusted companion is currently an iPhone 6s. It's my first iPhone ever, before that I mainly had HTC phones, but I'm very happy with my 6s and probably will stick to iPhones for now if I can.

Do you have a nickname? If so, how did you get it? Do you mind if we call you ET? Smiley Very Happy

Most people call me Em, but some of my american friends call me Petite Francaise since I am short and, well, French. ET works for me though, I still find my initials amusing everytime I write them down!

People can, and do, work from all sorts of places these days - where would you most like to be while you're working on the O2 Community Forum?

The place I'm most comfortable in is my home, so I can safely say my flat! I also find it more comfortable to sit on the floor more often than not so probably the floor of my living room, close to the coffee machine and plenty of snacks.

Do you have any pets?

I wish! Living in London makes this difficult, but I did have dogs around growing up and a little Westie of my own until only a few years ago. I'm counting the days until I can get a dog again.

Do you play games & on what device?

I play story or puzzle/platform games mostly, on PS4 and PC. The one game I've probably spent the most hours on is Skyrim, but apart from that I like anything with a little mystery and little to no fighting. 

Star Trek or Star Wars? nerd

I've watched all the Star Wars movies but only saw a few bits and pieces of Star Trek, so I'd have to say the latter ...

What do you do in the way of a hobby / pastime, when you're not at work?

Over the years I've perfected the art of the "couch potato" as they say. I can watch shows or movies for hours/days straight, and usually do so when I get the chance. I also cook and bake a lot - I try to bake at least once every weekend, and cook everyday or every other day.

Assuming you get the Tube to work... what do you do to occupy yourself on the journey?

A mix of music and Kindle reading. Currently my commute is overground so I watch Netflix on my way to work but in a few weeks I will travel underground exclusively so my Kindle will once again be my best friend.

You've said you're French born not bred. Did you come to England directly from France or did you live elsewhere? If the latter where did you live before coming to England?

When I was quite young my family moved to Tahiti, then Morocco. So I spent about 10 years between these two countries, before coming back to France. I've now been living in London for almost 5 years and so far so good!

Steak Tartare with an Egg or Sausage and Egg McMuffin

As I'm vegetarian, those aren't the best of choices sweat smile I'd happily have an egg McMuffin with no sausage though?

Jean-Pierre Jeunet or Jean-Claude Van Damme?

... both? I'm not awfully picky when it comes to movies, I'll give most things a go, whether they're "classics" or look a little more light and silly. That being said, I haven't watched a whole lot of movies from Jean-Pierre Jeunet or with Jean-Claude Van Damme - yet.

Vous or Tu?

No formalities needed, Tu slight smile

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great read & very nice to meet a fellow Apple fan 😂😂 @EmilieT

Message 2 of 17

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Very enjoyable read @EmilieT and I've learned quite a lot about you.

Living in Tahiti and Morocco must have been very different to France. But very interesting and exotic. I think you were very lucky to experience two such different cultures, even if they are French-speaking, at a young age.

How have you found living in London in comparison?

Sorry to hear you're an iPhone lover but I forgive you 😂🤣

Thank you for sharing a bit of your life and interests with us.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 17

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous While I was using HTC devices I never thought I could transition to iPhones, or even want to. However now that I have a 6s I can't imagine going back to anything else sweat_smile (Sorry @Glory1 ...)

I think it was a great experience as a child since it taught me to be open and flexible, which in turned helped me adapt better when I had to keep on moving around. As an adult, London is an amazing playground so there's nowhere else I'd rather love for now at least! As a fellow expat I'm sure you'll understand @Glory1 smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 17

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes I totally understand, though I've not lived in as many countries as you - 24 years in New York and nearly 49 years here in London. I must admit I feel less like an expat and more like a British resident after all this time, though I've kept my American citizenship. Even my American friends think of me as more British than American.

I do agree with you that there's no place I'd rather be than London. Though, if I did have to move, first choice would be Edinburgh, second choice York. My 2 favourite cities after London.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 17

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
I do agree with you that there's no place I'd rather be than London. Though, if I did have to move, first choice would be Edinburgh, second choice York. My 2 favourite cities after London.

Edinburgh would definitely be one of my top choices as well if I had to live somewhere else. Along with Dublin I think. I've never been to York but it sounds like it'd be worth a day/weekend trip slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 17

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Medieval French Literature... is that before the guillotine? Oh, perhaps "À la lanterne!". Gore aplenty Angel

Apples, yes, well, someone must like them, I guess.yahoo

Now that was a good spotlight. I do hope the idiot politicians see the folly of their ways before the UK is devoid of people from the rest of Europe.hugging

Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Lovely spotlight @EmilieT.

No prizes for guessing who asked the questions about F1. It's a sport you either love or hate (I love it, husband hates it) joy So you will be better just checking out the highlights for now. Monaco this weekend by the way...Also if you haven't got your tickets for F1 France you will have no chance now. I believe they are sold out. Also your relatives in Castellet are in for a very very noisy week. wink

I'm envious of the places you lived. Particularly Tahiti, which must have been wonderful.

Sorry, I'm not impressed with your choice of phone (though my son has that make and model and wouldn't change if I offered him a free Android model) Hero

PS if you are wishing for a pet, a cat would be ideal. Not all cats have to have access to outdoors. I have friends who live in flats and their cats are perfectly happy living indoors. Cat 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @EmilieT for letting us get to know you some more ... lovely Spotlight ... Cat

Message 9 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Welcome

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 17