Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight: Darrengf

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

It's time for another Community Spotlight bulb This time we're focusing on one of our most veteran members. He's been around for over 10 years, has created 10 How-to Guides for the Community, and was our very first Spotlighted member back in 2012; a new more thorough Spotlight was long overdue for ...

Darrengf !

Here's a bit more about @darrengf - feel free to say hi and ask him a bit more in the comments if you're curious!

For those who don’t know you too well (yet), what’s your name and where are you from?

So my name is Darren and I’m from Sunny Yorkshire. True northern guy; I don’t own a whippet, flat cap but I do say eyup smiley

What brought you to the forum, over 10 years ago?

I needed some help with an APN for a Sony Ericcson. When I got the APN, I then started to help people with my own knowledge.

What do you like the most about the Community?

Helping people and passing on my knowledge. I want to share what I know and try to explain to help. Feeling part of an extended family. People on the Forum are amazing and clever, I’ve even met a few of them. It’s a great community feeling and people help each other out.

How do you take your coffee?

I'm more of a tea drinker and like most teas, but I do enjoy a Good Quality Latte which is the first drink in the morning. It sets me up for the day.

Apple, Android or Windows?

I have to say I’m an Apple fan boy lol. I do however own a Android Honor 10 which is amazing I have to say, and use a Windows phone all day. I’ve owned many phones in my time, Apple, Android, Windows, BlackBerry, Samsung own OS ...  but I’m more Apple. Although I have to admit I do love Android.

Describe your perfect pizza …

Chicken, Ham, Doner meat, sausage,  sweet corn, mushrooms and a few onions lol. Also Deep Crust with cheese. Mmmmmm. I’m starving now.

What is your zombie apocalypse plan?

Fight to the end, no point in running lol, well not after eating all that pizza lol.

Where do you want to go for your next holiday?

If I could afford it, Japan and China. I want to see how they make my iPhone lol and all the Techie gadgets. I would be in heaven. Though my next holiday is to the Wine fields in France. Going to see how they make it,  taste test it, mmm ... if it’s like the last taste test, apparently after 4 glasses of wine, one them said "you're not supposed to drink it". Look love, I’m a northerner, I don’t waste food or wine I’ll have you know. Lol

Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?

Winter, but for one reason: I get a break from hay fever for a few months and can start to smell things again, lol. But all seasons are special, especially in the U.K., when we get a Summer which is boiling and then the other 3 seasons are rolled into one.

Which movies have you watched way too many times?

Despicable Me, Star Trek Nemesis and all the Matrix films. I watch them all the time.

• Despicable Me when I need cheering up (normally when I’m Ill) 
  • Star Trek Nemesis, I’m a big Trekkie and just love this film 
  • Matrix, these really are 3 amazing films and for being a techie, gets me thinking. I just love the Motorbike scene with Trinity, me being a motorbiker as well wink 

Let’s move on now. Lol

Any future developments in mobile tech you’re looking forward to?

5G. Really excited to see what that has to offer for speed, coverage etc.

What do you like to do in your spare time, besides hanging out with us around the Community?

Family and friends are both massively important to me and also making new friends. I need as many people on my side when them Zombies attack.

Riding my motorbike when I can, travel; I love exploring new places either by car, bike, air, train or just walking.

Love eating and a nice glass of red wine as well.

I adore Flying and watch lots or Youtube vids on flying i.e. flight sim, and also spend time at the Manchester Airport Viewing Gallery ... Which is an amazing day out to be honest. 

Thanks again Daz for answering my questions, and have a lovely weekend everyone Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143428 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Nice one Daz 😁
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lovely to know more about you Darren ... & ... you're well known for the excellent work you do helping people with roaming

Wonderful to hear you're a Yorkshireman ... Eh-Up-Ow-Do smiling

I'll fight alongside you, sword in right hand, pizza in the left, against the Zombies wink pizza

Message 12 of 12