Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight - Curmudgeon

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Happy Friday everyone!

It's time for the first Community Spotlight of the year, and today we'll be learning more about ... Drum

Curmudgeon bulb

Since he joined the forum last November, he has become a regular contributor around here. He answered a few of our questions to help you guys get to know him better but you can ask him some more in the below if you're curious about anything wink

What’s your name and where are you from?

Leigh from Leeds, but I now live in The Midlands

Why did you join the O2 forum initially?

To find out about the network, it’s strengths, weaknesses & info on the Moto G5 I bought on a Black Friday deal

What do you like best about the Community?

@Glory1 because they too are a Good Wife / Good Fight fan!

Apple, Android or Windows?

Apple for phone, Android for tv shows (Metal Mickey anyone?) and Windows for a 90s gaming pc.. (Red Alert & Carmageddon) 

Favourite movie and/or TV Show?

Movies - Mary Poppins / The Sound of Music / Victor/Victoria 

TV - Wentworth Prison / Prisoner Cell Block H / The Good Fight 

Do you have any pets?

I’d love a pet, but with the amount of time I spend out of the house it would be unfair to leave him/her alone.

What is your favourite word?

GRIM

What is your zombie apocalypse plan?

Trip you up and leave you!  

What is your perfect pizza like?

Pepperoni, Chorizo and extra cheese please! 

Future developments in mobile tech you’re looking forward to?

I’m not looking forward to anything really. I just sit here amazed at the things people invent, but then find myself wondering why such simple ideas weren’t thought up &/or implemented sooner!

What do you like to do in your spare time, besides hanging out around here?

After getting rid of my car 11 years ago I began walking everywhere, but with dodgy feet I turned to biking instead.

I bought a hybrid for £65 from a friend. Covering 8000 miles in my first year meant I needed to save for a Road Bike, which I did. Up until last year I was accident free(near enough) but after 3 consecutive months of offs & a stay in hospital, I swapped it for an ex hire mountain bike. It took me a few months to outgrow that and now I’m currently waiting for my Cube Acid 2018 to be invisi-framed & built ready for my 1st reliability trial in June & a few off road races over the summer!

My other passion.. music.. it’s on 24/7. Madonna, Muse, Bette Midler, ELO, Fleetwood Mac, Steps, The 80s & 90s ..but none of that stuff the kids of today call music.. ugh .. 

Awesome stuff, thanks again @Curmudgeon for your answers!

Feel free to say hi or ask any follow-up questions in the comments, and have a lovely weekend everyone slight smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 107
106 REPLIES 106

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No worries @Glory1 people need to talk about these things but for me, I still have nightmares and I don't even feel safe in an ambulance now. So by all means this is @Anonymous's thread so I respect that and will just skip it.

Message 71 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

Blimey @gmarkj & @Glory1close encounters all round.. making mine seem more of a minor bump. & @jonsie I respect that this topic maybe too close to home but don’t think you (or anyone) have to hold back on my account, I see it as a thread for the whole community (it would be pretty rubbish without you all!!!) 

Sorry the replies have been delayed recently but life hasn’t been wonderful since the weekend!

Message 72 of 107

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Sorry to hear that @Anonymous. Hope things improve for you as the week progresses
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 73 of 107

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Post where you feel most comfortable @jonsie

Most people know what happened to you in Thailand 15 months ago. If the same had happened to me, I would never get in a car again. (and didn't for 3 months after I had an accident where someone rammed in the back of me). The car was a write off ...luckily I just suffered whiplash.

Nothing like the injuries you sustained

It seems by reading @Anonymous's spotlight...a lot of us have had near misses with cars and bikes.

No wonder they say it's safer to travel by plane scream

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 74 of 107

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I don’t know where I’ve been for last few months.

but love reading these.

sorry for not replying sooner 😀👍

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 75 of 107

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 76 of 107

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Oh no I hope not.  😒

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 77 of 107

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well he hasn't become Anonymous so hopefully still about wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 78 of 107

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I found a full-size version of your avatar pic for you, if you're interested - it reminds me of a film I have on DVD somewhere, called simply "9", film poster below.

Interesting avatar pic!

Hope you had a good Christmas and that 2019 is kind to you.

curm.jpg9v2.jpg

Message 79 of 107

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

There is a reason for that avatar which @Anonymous mentioned somewhere else.

I will leave him to explain again. It's a brilliant picture actually

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 80 of 107