Community Spotlight: BOSSGOGG

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Spotlight banner-2.jpg

Hi everyone, 

I hope you all had a great week so far, and enjoyed the few days of sunwe got. Before the weekend kicks-off, we have a surprise for you: a new Community Spotlight! bulb

You've probably spotted member @BOSSGOGG on the Off-topic board over the past few weeks, where he's been sharing a lot of beautiful pictures in our ongoing photography thread. He has kindly accepted to answer a few of our questions below to help us all get to know him better. If you're curious about anything else, don't hesitate to say hi and ask him in the comments wink 

What’s your name and where are you from?

Ian, From East Lothian just outside Edinburgh.

Why did you join and stay on the Community?

I joined the community seeking a couple of questions when coming to O2 for the first time since the CellNet days smile Stayed as the questions were answered quickly with a friendly tone. 

Is there a story behind your username?

Ha.  So in all honestly my pc gamer name from the pre internet days was , and still is, Bosshogg.

Dukes of hazzard fan. But I filed the O2 form out wrong and didn't notice until I went to sign in.

Bossgogg was born.

How do you take your tea/coffee?

Strong, very strong. Like all my drinks.

Apple, Android or Windows?

Have tried them all. Lasted a week with the iPhone 3GS. Tried again with the 5s. Lasted 3 days.

Tried again when they brought out adult sized plus models. Didn't go well.

Loved Android and Windows phones equally. Shame windows phones died a death.

Do you have any pets?

No. Just 2 kids.

We’ve all noticed you take stunning photos -thanks for sharing them with us-, what’s your favourite kind of thing or place to photograph?

First of all, thanks for the kind comments.

My favourite thing to photograph is home. My village, coast, farmland, city. Home.

Been all around the world and realise how lucky I am at home.

And my kids. Many many GB's of the kids. smile

What else do you like to do in your spare time?

Play ten pin. Sail. Do 5km+ walk / jog every day round the village.

Also have an unhealthy addiction to tech.

Describe your perfect birthday cake! birthday

I'm more savory than sweet. But I'm a sucker for salted caramel. In the shape of a ship probably. I'm nautical at heart.

Which future development in tech are you looking forward to?

5G. It's the start of a truly connected future. IOT, automation et al. Exciting times indeed.

Thanks again @BOSSGOGG for answering our questions, and have a lovely weekend everyone Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Always wanted to visit Africa as my paternal great grandmother, my grandfather's mother was from there originally. My paternal grandmother's mother was from India, another country I would have loved to visit. My mother's family, including brothers and sisters, were from Russia and I've never wanted to visit there, to be totally honest. My grandparents left Russia to escape the pogroms to come to America, a wise decision on their part. If for no other reason then I wouldn't be here now if they hadn't joy

Have friends from Sweden, Iceland and Denmark and, again always wanted to visit Scandinavia. For one thing they all speak English which is great as I can't pronounce most of the words in any of the Scandinavian languages. Though I can say yes, no and thank you in Swedish, Danish and Icelandic: it's the same words!

You certainly have travelled quite a bit and seen a lot of the world but I bet are just happy to spend as much time as you can at home with your family. And who can blame you in bonny Scotland.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 21 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If only we were young gain eh @Glory1 ? Ive been lucky enough to travel extensively but the world is a big place. Hell, I haven't seen hardly any of the UK although it's never really interested  me to be honest. Too busy exploring exotic places. It's easy to say I've been to Africa but in truth I've only seen bits of North Africa and Nairobi but it's down as ticked off the list. Alas, I'm running out of time to see the rest of my list but heyho, I've had a decent enough life cowboy

Message 22 of 26

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

If only we were young gain eh @Glory1 ? Ive been lucky enough to travel extensively but the world is a big place. Hell, I haven't seen hardly any of the UK although it's never really interested  me to be honest. Too busy exploring exotic places. It's easy to say I've been to Africa but in truth I've only seen bits of North Africa and Nairobi but it's down as ticked off the list. Alas, I'm running out of time to see the rest of my list but heyho, I've had a decent enough life cowboy

Well that's more of Africa than I've seen @jonsie for sure. 

And yes, if I were young again, I'd do far more travelling than I did. But I made a choice to come to England and had to get a job. No regrets on that score, I've made many good friends here, both on and off the forum. And I have travelled, maybe not as far as I would've liked but at least through a bit of Europe, and my own country, and a bit of the UK: Scotland, Wales and England with my mum. But there are many places now I'd go to that I never dreamt of when I was young for so many reasons - cost being the biggest. It was only just becoming the fashion to work and travel the world a few years after I'd already moved here and was settled into a job and my flat. And I was way too settled, not too mention well past my late teens to even consider that then. Still as you've said I've also had a decent enough life.

And my apologies @BOSSGOGG for taking over your Spotlight thread, with my ramblings didn't mean to do that. My mouth runs on a bit at times, when I should button it speak_no_evil

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 23 of 26

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Ha, no problem @Glory1 . Great to learn as much about you as the other way round.

I was lucky to get my dream job very young and travel the world.
Requiring a transplant whilst quite young put paid to it as a life long career , otherwise I would still be doing it.
Although , hindsight , perspective et al again makes me appreciate this beautiful country in a lot of respects. I'm more than happy my kids are growing up here.

I have lots of places left to tick off the list yet. 😄.
Many ideas left to photograph.
unnamed
Message 24 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

And a fine eye you have for it @BOSSGOGG 

You take the angles and shots that my son somehow can capture. I is a talent only equalled by @viridis on the community.

Message 25 of 26

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Nice to hear some more about you @BOSSGOGG .
Agree with everyone else that your eye for a photo is something else.
That is quite a set up you have their with all that tech.
At a guess the server is music and photo storage so that you can access them while not at home?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 26 of 26