Community Spotlight: BOSSGOGG

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Spotlight banner-2.jpg

Hi everyone, 

I hope you all had a great week so far, and enjoyed the few days of sunwe got. Before the weekend kicks-off, we have a surprise for you: a new Community Spotlight! bulb

You've probably spotted member @BOSSGOGG on the Off-topic board over the past few weeks, where he's been sharing a lot of beautiful pictures in our ongoing photography thread. He has kindly accepted to answer a few of our questions below to help us all get to know him better. If you're curious about anything else, don't hesitate to say hi and ask him in the comments wink 

What’s your name and where are you from?

Ian, From East Lothian just outside Edinburgh.

Why did you join and stay on the Community?

I joined the community seeking a couple of questions when coming to O2 for the first time since the CellNet days smile Stayed as the questions were answered quickly with a friendly tone. 

Is there a story behind your username?

Ha.  So in all honestly my pc gamer name from the pre internet days was , and still is, Bosshogg.

Dukes of hazzard fan. But I filed the O2 form out wrong and didn't notice until I went to sign in.

Bossgogg was born.

How do you take your tea/coffee?

Strong, very strong. Like all my drinks.

Apple, Android or Windows?

Have tried them all. Lasted a week with the iPhone 3GS. Tried again with the 5s. Lasted 3 days.

Tried again when they brought out adult sized plus models. Didn't go well.

Loved Android and Windows phones equally. Shame windows phones died a death.

Do you have any pets?

No. Just 2 kids.

We’ve all noticed you take stunning photos -thanks for sharing them with us-, what’s your favourite kind of thing or place to photograph?

First of all, thanks for the kind comments.

My favourite thing to photograph is home. My village, coast, farmland, city. Home.

Been all around the world and realise how lucky I am at home.

And my kids. Many many GB's of the kids. smile

What else do you like to do in your spare time?

Play ten pin. Sail. Do 5km+ walk / jog every day round the village.

Also have an unhealthy addiction to tech.

Describe your perfect birthday cake! birthday

I'm more savory than sweet. But I'm a sucker for salted caramel. In the shape of a ship probably. I'm nautical at heart.

Which future development in tech are you looking forward to?

5G. It's the start of a truly connected future. IOT, automation et al. Exciting times indeed.

Thanks again @BOSSGOGG for answering our questions, and have a lovely weekend everyone Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I remember the days of 3 phones..
50p in tut meter before charging them...

Petition to change the name back to bosshogg?
Message 11 of 26

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great to learn more about you @BOSSGOGG 

Your photographs are truly stunning especially those of the sea [I love the sea but couldn`t take a decent picture no matter what I had].

Thank you for sharing these with us and hope you will continue to do so and be around for a long time.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 12 of 26

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

A big welcome from me @BOSSGOGG it was great to get to know a bit more about you, apart from the fact you take such beautiful pictures, and you live just outside my favourite UK city.

You mention you've travelled around the world. Can I ask where you've been and do you have a favourite city/country, apart from Edinburgh and your own village?

Also, you clearly didn't get on well with the iPhone. Curious what you didn't like about it. I've never had, nor want, one myself; I'm android all the way. But I'm always curious how other people find iPhones, knowing how beloved they are by so many.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 26

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Welcome @BOSSGOGG

Message 14 of 26

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @BOSSGOGG 

Welcome from me too Welcome

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 15 of 26

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions
'Aul Reekie rocks, ye ken?

Not as much as the Granite City, mind you 😁 (no I don't live there any more, you're safe!)

Great to get to know who makes and takes those stunning photos - St. Giles has to be the best yet.
Message 16 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Och mon, now I'll be reading all your posts with a Scottish accent.......SpacedWelcome

Message 17 of 26

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
@Glory1
Travelled most places with a sea. 😄 All over Europe , Black Sea , Africa and North America.
I'm a huge fan of Norway.

@pgn
Furry Boots ? 😁.
I lived in Aberdeen for a bit , Glendale Mews behind the old cinema at the far end of Union Street. Not a psych on the 'Burgh though. 😂

Hi @TallTrees and @Poppysmum
unnamed
Message 18 of 26

pgn
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions
Message 19 of 26

pgn
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Fit like, @BOSSGOGG

I lived in a few places there, from Bridge of Don, to Balmedie north of the city, and Portlethen and Stoney to the south. 

Used to love seeing Scotland the What at His Majesty's, and Runrig concerts at SECC - good times! 

Message 20 of 26