Community Spotlight: BOSSGOGG

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Spotlight banner-2.jpg

Hi everyone, 

I hope you all had a great week so far, and enjoyed the few days of sunwe got. Before the weekend kicks-off, we have a surprise for you: a new Community Spotlight! bulb

You've probably spotted member @BOSSGOGG on the Off-topic board over the past few weeks, where he's been sharing a lot of beautiful pictures in our ongoing photography thread. He has kindly accepted to answer a few of our questions below to help us all get to know him better. If you're curious about anything else, don't hesitate to say hi and ask him in the comments wink 

What’s your name and where are you from?

Ian, From East Lothian just outside Edinburgh.

Why did you join and stay on the Community?

I joined the community seeking a couple of questions when coming to O2 for the first time since the CellNet days smile Stayed as the questions were answered quickly with a friendly tone. 

Is there a story behind your username?

Ha.  So in all honestly my pc gamer name from the pre internet days was , and still is, Bosshogg.

Dukes of hazzard fan. But I filed the O2 form out wrong and didn't notice until I went to sign in.

Bossgogg was born.

How do you take your tea/coffee?

Strong, very strong. Like all my drinks.

Apple, Android or Windows?

Have tried them all. Lasted a week with the iPhone 3GS. Tried again with the 5s. Lasted 3 days.

Tried again when they brought out adult sized plus models. Didn't go well.

Loved Android and Windows phones equally. Shame windows phones died a death.

Do you have any pets?

No. Just 2 kids.

We’ve all noticed you take stunning photos -thanks for sharing them with us-, what’s your favourite kind of thing or place to photograph?

First of all, thanks for the kind comments.

My favourite thing to photograph is home. My village, coast, farmland, city. Home.

Been all around the world and realise how lucky I am at home.

And my kids. Many many GB's of the kids. smile

What else do you like to do in your spare time?

Play ten pin. Sail. Do 5km+ walk / jog every day round the village.

Also have an unhealthy addiction to tech.

Describe your perfect birthday cake! birthday

I'm more savory than sweet. But I'm a sucker for salted caramel. In the shape of a ship probably. I'm nautical at heart.

Which future development in tech are you looking forward to?

5G. It's the start of a truly connected future. IOT, automation et al. Exciting times indeed.

Thanks again @BOSSGOGG for answering our questions, and have a lovely weekend everyone Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @BOSSGOGG  Thanks for being part of the community and telling us a bit about yourself.

Congratulations on your photos which are beautiful.

You say you have an 'unhealthy addiction to tech'.....so give me a clue as to what sort of tech you have?

Again a big welcome from me wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Welcome Welcome

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 26

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
@Cleoriff , thanks.

So tech I use regularly / is running ATM. -
Mac mini with server plug in.Acer Revo running MS Server 2016 Essentials. Acer Revo running Ubuntu Server. Intel NUC as media player.
Raspberry Pi's 1,2 and 3 ( kids use them for paying with ). Acer Chromebook. Linx Windows 10" Tablet converted to Ubuntu to run / watch CCTV.
Full HIVE ( Heating , lights , motion )setup.

Mobiles - Note 9, Samsung A50 , Huawei Mate 20 X. - it's an illness.

Plus a full gamut of PC 's resigned to the loft all the way back to my Commodore 64.😄.

Plus all the usual kids / wifes phones and iPads ..........
unnamed
Message 4 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@BOSSGOGG wrote:
@Cleoriff, thanks.

So tech I use regularly / is running ATM. -
Mac mini with server plug in.Acer Revo running MS Server 2016 Essentials. Acer Revo running Ubuntu Server. Intel NUC as media player.
Raspberry Pi's 1,2 and 3 ( kids use them for paying with ). Acer Chromebook. Linx Windows 10" Tablet converted to Ubuntu to run / watch CCTV.
Full HIVE ( Heating , lights , motion )setup.

Mobiles - Note 9, Samsung A50 , Huawei Mate 20 X. - it's an illness.

Plus a full gamut of PC 's resigned to the loft all the way back to my Commodore 64.😄.

Plus all the usual kids / wifes phones and iPads ..........

Good Grief!! It IS an illness joy (Three mobiles? Like @MI5  one is never enough? Bow)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Three..... Pah, a mere amateur tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 26

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Nice spotlight @BOSSGOGG ! I enjoyed getting to know a bit more about you. You mentioned HIVE - how do you control it - is it via a mobile app?

Message 7 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Three..... Pah, a mere amateur tongue

rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 26

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
@Marjo , yes through the app. It's all pretty closed loop though. I'm currently working out how to use the motion sensors outside the hive app. Wish me luck.

Yes, just 3 mobiles ATM @MI5 😄. Trust me, that showed restraint. 😂. Although, soon to be back to just my daily NOTE9 in prep for the note 10 release in August. Mate 20 X is going soon and the A50 is staying for my wife.
unnamed
Message 9 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well played Sir slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 26