Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight: AnnieM

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Happy Friday everyone! ☀️

It's a great ending to the week as we have a new Spotlight to show you today! yahoo

You might have spotted this community member around in various topics on the Community, especially in the Priority and Off Topic boards during the past month or so. It has been awesome to be able to ask a few questions below to get to know her better.

I hope you all enjoy this spotlight as much as I enjoyed preparing it! As always, don't hesitate to ask any of your own questions too. slight_smile

Spotlight: AnnieM

What’s your name and where are you from?

Hello. I'm Annie and I live in a tiny village in Leicestershire. 

Why did you join and stay on the O2 Community?

I like forums but haven't really been on any for a while. I've been to the Community a couple of times to look things up and one day just decided to join in! It's much friendlier than many forums I've been on over the years and I like the word games, particularly the Word Diamond games.

What are your favourite snacks?

Salted crisps. Or Crunchy Nut Cornflakes without the milk. 

Do you have any pets?

I have a cat. Typical of the tortoiseshell breed, she's nuts. 

Which famous person (living or dead) would you like to have a conversation with?

Can I only pick one? I'd like to hang out with the Impressionist painters in 19th century France. Some of my favourite paintings are from the Impressionists, who were amongst the first painters to have the luxury of premixed paints rather than having to make their own, so it would be interesting to chat about their opinions on these new paints and about the controversy that their work created in its time.

What do you do in your spare time when you're not on the O2 community?

My Kindle is probably my best value-for-money purchase ever as I read a lot. I also like to play Xbox, paint portraits and listen to music. 

What do you like to watch on TV?

Police prodedural/crime solving type dramas are my favourites and I love the Scandinavian ones. I also enjoy art programmes, both documentaries and competitions such as the Portrait/Landscape Artist of the Year. And I'm a big Walking Dead fan. 

Tea, coffee or hot chocolate?

All of them! Coffee at work, Earl Grey tea at home and a hot chocolate in the evening. I could take any of them in a cafe situation, depending on if and what I am eating. 

Which time of the year (summer, autumn, winter, spring) do you love most and why?

Autumn is my favourite. I don't like too much sun, nor do I like deep winter, but the inbetween, when it's starting to chill, can feel cosy and comforting (and perfect for an evening hot chocolate laughing ). The colours that trees produce during the autumn are wonderful; it's a very pretty season. 

What mobile phone are you currently using and what do you like about it?

I used to be a bit of a phone geek and went through a a few 'classics': several Nokias including the 7600, 8110, N95, 7610; Motorola Razr V3 in hot pink; a Sony Ericsson K750i and W810i; a Sharp GX30 ...

Today, I have a Samsung S10e. Having used recent editions of Android OS and iOS, I prefer Android but can't really say why. My last couple of phones have also been Samsung and they've been the first models I have found to really last the length of a contract without feeling like they were worn out or dated and left me counting down to upgrade time. I'm all for reliability over funky designs these days. 

Thanks a lot for answering our questions @AnnieM ! Awesome to know a bit more about you and hope to keep seeing you around on the community. slight_smile

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnnieM wrote:

@Martin-O2 - this is she...

Cat.jpeg

She's gorgeous @AnnieM ... what is her name please ? Cat Very Happy

Message 21 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous  Van Gogh loved the Iris. Painted loads of them

Image result for Images of Van Gogh's Irises

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous  Van Gogh loved the Iris. Painted loads of them

Image result for Images of Van Gogh's Irises

That's the one @Cleoriff  ... just wouldn't stick when I tried to c&p

Why the one white iris ?

I like the colour ... my mum used to grow the bearded iris in the garden of the old family home 

Message 23 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
C&P seems order of the day wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today & tomorrow O2 are doing maintenance in the town ... maybe it's that *dunno*

It's raining heavily now so don't expect the workers will be out in this weather wink

Message 25 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
C&P seems order of the day wink

LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 35

jonsie
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 27 of 35

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Cute cat I have some rats and 2 guena pigs lol I been playing a lot of destiny 2 and also it got it new dlc out now
Message 28 of 35

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@AnnieM wrote:

@Martin-O2 - this is she...

Cat.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous! heart_eyes

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 29 of 35

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What a lovely cat @AnnieM 

As for the posts about paintings, may I suggest a new thread in Off Topic for favourite paintings and also members` paintings? Like the photo thread, it could be very popular. I can paint or draw but do love to see interesting paintings and would certainly contribute to a thread....

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 30 of 35