Did you mean: 

Community Recap: September 2021

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hi everyone!

We are officially in October 🎃. And even though time seems to always fly by, we’re going to take a moment to look back on what happened last month in the O2 Community.

Below is just a snapshot of the great content we had over September. We may have missed one or two highlights, so if that’s the case, let us know by commenting your personal favourites!

P.S. Whilst we’re looking back on things, please feel free to share any positive news that happened to you outside of the community in September. As well as members, many of us are friends, so if you feel comfortable sharing then I’m sure we would love to hear from you.

Amazing Content Created By You

The Games 👾

🎨 Word Search Puzzle - Famous Painters 🎨

This was a bittersweet game, as it was @TheresaV’s last in the community! Based on famous painters, there were 31 of them hidden in the word search. If you missed it, it's definitely worth revisiting and having a go. It took everyone just over an hour to complete it, with @BobM getting the first and last words.

🍁 Autumn Leaf Trivia 🍁

Lewys came up with an image-based game to test the community’s knowledge. A good segue into events that took place in September: Theresa and Lukas passed on the torch of community managers to @lewys-gp and I, @RafaC . And on the first day of autumn, we posted our first game! Obviously, many more to co

✍️ White Room Quiz Mon 20 Sept 2021 ✍️

We could not mention one of @Mi-Amigo’s famous White Room Quizzes. This one saw @lewys-gp and I step up to the plate for the first time. I think we learnt very quickly that there are some talented quizzers in the community too 😂. A very impressive number of Silver Thinkers were won.

🌸  Guess The Flower Quiz 🌸

Guess what? Another nature-themed quiz that proved to be a success on the community. I guess we all learned a lot from those quizzes so two thumbs up for @lewys-gp  for making learning about nature so fun!

The Laughs 😆

🍰 Great British Bake Off 2021 🍰

Not sure if this should be placed under laughs or talents as this great topic started by @Mi-Amigo about the TV show is currently a success in the Off-Topic side of the community and is yielding many laughs amongst those in the conversation, as members are sharing their own adventures in the kitchen.

🤣 The Wednesday Laugh 🤣

@Bambino was here again to guarantee some light-hearted laughs throughout September’s Wednesdays. The Wednesday Laugh is a community favourite, we truly recommend it for everyone to check it out.

The Discussions

🎥 Movies in September 2021 🎥

Continuing the discussion about films in the community, @Martin-O2  presented yet another amazing topic on the subject, starting it by giving an excellent recommendation and asking other members to give theirs as well. Not sure about what to watch tonight on streaming platforms? What you’re looking for may be in her👀

📲  If you were able to swap your current handset what would you get? 📲

A very interesting discussion proposed by one of our members on a question that those of us who like new gadgets often wonder. Who gets themselves thinking something like “with some many great options available, what’s the one that better suits me” sometimes? Leave your thoughts here whilst getting some insights from other members slight_smile

The Events

📚  It's Read A Book Day!  📚

It’s always good to have an excuse to share with your peers what you’re reading at the moment, what was the last book you’ve read or even your all time favourite book and, if you’re not reading anything at the moment, the Read A Book Day also serves as the perfect excuse to start reading something and then share what you’re reading with your peers 😛 

💭  World Dream Day  💭

We took World Dream Day from a different angle by starting a debate with a more scientific take on dreams and how they influence us in our day to day lives and the changes they may bring in the mid or long term for the world.

🆕 NEWS, UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS 

What Is NEW?

📲  iPhone 13 / iPad / iPad mini / Watch Series 7 - Megathread 📲

Every September those Apple-minded among us have our eyes moving towards the Apple launch event to see what those Californians came up with this time around. This year yet more amazing gadgets were unveiled and we’re happy that those magnificent iPads and iPhones are all available on O2 now!

🖁📱 The new Sony Xperia 5 III 5G has launched today! 📱🖁

For those of us who are on the Android side of the fence, September also brought great news: the launch of the superb Sony Xperia 5 III 5G. And that came with a great offer from O2: you can claim a free pair of Sony headphones worth £249 if you order it until 20 October 2021.

Up-coming team changes

With September comes the usual season change as summer mingles into autumn but this time around September also brought changes to the community staff: we saw the great LukasB and TheresaV leaving and welcomed the newcomers @lewys-gp  and @RafaC. We know how much you’re going to miss those brilliant community managers but we hope that the newcomers will be up to the standard

The threads above are just a small selection of the great content posted by all of you last month. So don't be shy - Let us know your highlights from September below! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RafaC  September was certainly a busy month. We lost @LukasB and @TheresaV within a week of each other. A bit of a shock to us all. Not only were they helpful and efficient, they were great fun as well.

The new forum was also upon us and they helped to get issues fixed (although there are problems still outstanding)

You and @lewys-gp joined us, replacing L and T. Welcome to you both and I hope you enjoy your time here and stay longer😂

Highlights for me. The White Room Quiz and Word Hunt Diamond, organised by @Mi-Amigo (as you see the forum is not allowing me to mention names properly.!

I enjoy most of  the Off Topics games and posts.

Read a book day was great and some recommendations made which I jotted down. I am an avid reader of books so that was most enjoyable.

The iPhone megathread is an annual event and although It's full of info by @Chris_K, as usual it's ignored by those desperate to know where their phones are 😂  As I don't like iPhones, I answer as quickly as I can.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Well if I  had a choice I would stay in September a bit longer @RafaC 

Had very good weather in September got lots of work done here there and everywhere. It is drawing in at night now I prefer sun 🌞 up til late.  I  get up about 6am in dark, open outer doors and let the Robin in about 7am she sits on the dog bowl with bird seed in then goes out for a roam around.

I am sure @RafaC and @lewys-gp will make October happy and fun filled 😊  Spooky night 🌙witches 🧙‍ and broomsticks. 

@Cleoriff usually has a spooky story please 🙏

Love those horrible horrible stories 😁

Expect alot of October fun 🤣

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 15

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff  I know how much you guys loved @LukasB and @TheresaV, but I’m that @lewys-gp  and myself will try hard to be up to their standards. 

I appreciate your warm welcome and we’re already enjoying the community quite a lot! Such a great welcome that we had overall, I’m laughing a lot with some of the Off-Topic content 😂

The White Room Quiz is great indeed, it’s making me push for things I haven’t thought about in a while, which is always good for the mind 💭.

Thanks for bring up your issue with tagging some members. We will check into this, but for now we recommend using the method of first typing the “@“ and then after typing the member’s name, select the correct user from the drop-down menu to ensure the tag goes though.

I still have to check the Read a Book Day topic better, I do enjoying reading books myself, albeit lately I’ve been reading mostly magazines, specially because my partner did a The New Yorker subscription recently.

Thanks for the reply and all the help @Cleoriff 

@TallTrees  I do like the longer days of September as well, but I find Autumn so lovely at the same time. I really get torn into two at this time of the year as I don’t want the sun to go away but I can’t wait to see the beautiful palette of colours on the trees. And I agree, October can bring loads of fun with Halloween jack_o_lantern , looking forward to that!

Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @RafaC 

Just to be clear, I was tagging people on here in the usual way, as I've done for years. The only person who appeared in the drop down menu was yourself, even when I typed the full name. It was obviously a forum glitch.

It didn't recognise @Mi-Amigo or @Chris_K  as it has done now. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TallTrees 

Already thinking about a One Sentence Story for Halloween. 😉

@RafaCand @lewys-gp  to give you an idea what a one sentence story is all about, take a look at this....

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/%EF%B8%8F-One-Sentence-Love-Story-%EF%B8%8F/m-p/1439107/high... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 15

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff thanks for letting me know about the glitch, we'll sure investigate this further.
And also thanks for sharing the link to One Sentence Love Story, so funny 😂

Message 7 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Lord Viridis came out of retirement too...

But, Yaknow, god forbid that gets a mention. Tut

Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Probably our 2 new managers weren't aware of your existence @viridis 😂 Yeah TUT!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Probably our 2 new managers weren't aware of your existence @viridis 😂 Yeah TUT!!

Nah, that can't be it. My existence was prophesied by Nostradamus

Though 2 new managers, who's remaining who I know?

This building new rapport malarky each year is strenuous work Yaknow.

Message 10 of 15