Community Recap: May 2021

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

O2 Community recap August 2020 (3).png

Hey everyone, 

May was another cracking month on the O2 community with lots of fun discussions, games, laughs, updates and more! I've highlighted a small selection of the great content posted last month in case you missed anything or need some inspiration for you own topics! 

If I've missed a thread that you enjoyed reading or taking part in last month then let us know in the comments below! 

📝 AMAZING CONTENT CREATED BY YOU

The Games

White Room Quiz Mon 03 May 2021 May Bank Holiday edition 

As always @Mi-Amigo kept our cogs turning with his WRQ to test the communities general knowledge. nerd

Word Hunt Diamond - Game 58

If word play is more your thing then check out the Word Hunt Diamond Game! 

Emoji Quiz - BRIT Awards Editionk

Keeping the quiz theme going @LukasB ran one of his famous emoji quizzes. 

[GAME] Animal Word Scramble

The final game to highlight from last month was @TheresaV's word scramble, this time looking for animal types. cat

The Laughs

World Laughter Day

We can all use a good laugh to help us through the tough times so check out our topic on World Laughter day! 

The Wednesday Laugh

Getting us through the mid-week slump as always was @Bambino with the Wednesday laugh! yahoo

The Discussions

Spoofing Warning

Keeping the community up-to-date with the latest info about the recent spike in number spoofing was @Bambino's thread which shared the best advice to keep yourself safe. 

E-SIM > Good idea, or bad ?? Thoughts appreciated

The community is a great place to get help and advice about all things mobile and tech. Share your thoughts on esims in this great topic from @Projectionistsmile

Clever Bees

A fascinating video of bees opening a soda bottle to get at the sugary goodness inside! This one has to bee seen to be believed! sweat_smile

What can I say? Thanks O2 for the surprise package....

O2's Surprise and Delight program continues to visit the post boxes of our members. This time around @Projectionist was the lucky recipient of a custom gift box!

The Events

May the 4th be with you!

We celebrated Star Wars day here on the O2 community! Whether your a fan of the original trilogy, the prequelS or some of the new TV shows that have been hitting Disney+ then this thread is for you! 

Community Movie Night - The Happening

We held our monthly movie night in May and the community voted for The Happening as the film to watch! Whilst the film turned out to be a bit disappointing we all had fun watching it together. The movie night happens every month so we hope you can join us in June. cool

🆕 NEWS, UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS 

O2 and Virgin Media joint venture

The first official news about the O2/Virgin Media merger hit the community last month! If you're interested in what's happening then check out the post. wink

Community rewards March & April 2021

We had a big month for community rewards with 2 months worth going out to our members. If you want to see if you earned an award or just want more info about the rewards then give the thread a look. 

The Samsung Galaxy Book Pro has just launched!

The Samsung Galaxy Book Standard has just launched!

There were 2 versions of the new Galaxy Book available on O2 last month. Check out the above device announcements for the details! 

The threads above are just a small selection of the great content posted by all of you last month. So don't be shy - Let us know your highlights from April below! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

No secret I love the quizzes, particularly the Word Hunt Diamond. As well as being fun, it's also educational (as is the White Room Quiz). Thanks @Mi-Amigo wink

Also the laughs from  The Wednesday Laugh day by @Bambino , whilst the World Laughter Day has become something of a daily joke thread joy

Watching with great interest about how the merger with O2 and Virgin pans out.

Also and sadly, the wettest May on record for a long long time, which thankfully picked up for the Bank Holiday. sun

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Martin-O2 for the mention of the White Room Quiz and Word Hunt Diamond game, and thank you @Cleoriff pleased you enjoyed them.

I liked @LukasB `s emoji game and @TheresaV `s Word Scramble - which gives me a chance to play along, especially the Word Scramble as I love word games.

@Bambino `s Wednesday Laugh and World Laughter Day gave me something to laugh at - the latter now becoming a daily laugh of often silly but funny jokes.

On a more serious point, @Bambino `s Spoofing Warning thread gave valued info on this.

All in all, a good month on the Commnity with something for everyone thumbsup 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 3