Did you mean: 

Community Recap: May 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone! 

It's time to recap what happened on the O2 community in May! There were some fantastic conversations last month and I've selected a few you might want to have a look at. cool 

If there's something not mentioned on my list you enjoyed reading or taking part in please post it below and also let us know what your highlights were in May! 

Community-related discussions:

Community Spotlight: BOSSGOGG

Last month's community spotlight was on @BOSSGOGG who kindly answered some questions about himself and his interests.

Guide: how to upload an image to your post

Not sure on how to post an image? Then this guide has got you covered. cool

Announcements and news:

O2's network investment in shopping centres and stadia

Get the latest information about O2's investment in networks across the UK! 

Huawei & Android: The latest from O2

Ask questions and find out the most up to date info on the Huawei/Google situation in this handy FAQ. 

O2 has retained the Carbon Trust Standard: 2019

With a continued focus on reducing carbon emissions O2 have retained their Carbon Trust Standard. Further info in the thread. wink

Here are the details on the latest product launches from O2!

General discussions and off topic:

Off Topic Music Hall Of Fame

Share your favourite performer and have them immortalised in the Off Topic Hall of Fame! 

Google Giving Us Back Control

With big tech controlling more and more of our data this discussion started by @Bambino talks about how to take control of your personal info. 

Accessibility settings & features on mobile phones

This accessibility topic asks the community what, if any accessibility features they use on their mobiles. 

[GAME] Movie Title Word Search Puzzle

The community made short work of our largest word search to date! We have regular word searches so keep an eye out for the next one. wink

What It's like to be British slight_smile

A fun off topic thread by @Cleoriff which details some of the totally true stereotypes about being British! 

Good Omens - Amazon Prime 31st May

A great TV discussion about the upcoming show Good Omens started by returning regular member @Anonymous.

Something for the weekend...

Community member @viridis shared his amazing Game of Thrones inspired community review intro.   

HOPE - the 02 Community Elephant

In a heart warming gesture the O2 community adopted an Elephant and @Mi-Amigo has been detailing the process in this thread. heart_eyes

Cricket World Cup

With the Cricket World Cup in full swing what better time to jump in on this discussion!

O2 Priority board:

The Craig Charles Funk and Soul Club

The community have been discussing the upcoming Craig Charles Funk and Soul Club event. 

The Kooks

If your a fan of The Cooks then check out our gig discussion! 

Priority offers: 3rd June onwards

We have the details of the latest Priority offers in this thread. 

Reviews written by the community:

Samsung S50 Review

A brilliant review of the Samsung S50 written by @Poppysmum and her first review on the community! 

Review of Samsung Galaxy A70

The second amazing Samsung review of May, this time @TallTrees gave us her thoughts on the A70! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Martin-O2 for the Community Recap for May 2019.

Members have shared so much with us this month, and I have chosen a few which I found interesting.

The Spotlight on @BOSSGOGG . It was great to learn about the person behind the stunning photos which have been posted on the Community.

@Marjo`s guide on how to upload images to posts, which I`m sure new members will find useful.

The reviews of new phones by @Poppysmum and @TallTrees which were excellent and non-techy.

Then there were the threads in Off Topic.

Thanks must be given for the biggest wordsearch to date, even though I only managed to find one answer sweat_smile

On a personal level, I would like to thank the members who posted their choices for the Community Music Hall of Fame and shared some of the most iconic music of all time with us.

Lastly, my look at May 2019 cannot pass without my grateful thanks to everyone for their support and interest in the adoption of the 02 Community elephant we call Hope. I would like to personally thank  @jonsie whose thread on the plight of the elephants in Thailand prompted action to be taken to help the Born Free Foundation save and protect the Elephant Family in Amboseli, Africa, and our adoption, including our own little Hope.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 4

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Is it June already!??
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis 

Sure is and guaranteed I'll hear someone come out with the irritating phrase "soon be Christmas"

Message 4 of 4