Community Recap: February 2021

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

recap.jpg

Hey guys,

Another month has gone by and with spring coming up we want to use the opportunity to look back at what was happening here on the Community over the past few weeks. Below we have put together just a few of the great discussions we had across all forums in February…

🆕 NEWS, UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS 

New and coming to Disney this February

With Disney+ being a keen favourite of our members (and those yet to join the community smirk), we are now giving you a monthly update on what is coming to Disney+ for you to get even more out of your Extra!

England Rugby - Six Nations 2021

For all of the sports fans in the community - The Six Nations England Rugby officially started at the 6th of February and our very own @Chris_K  shared his predictions and is challenging you to join in! Maybe you make the right guess for the last couple of games?

Star launches on Disney+

Star has launched with a myriad of amazing films and series on Disney+ late last month. And to celebrate the occasion we hosted a movie night in which we all popped in front of the telly together watching Signs and had a lot of fun discussing theories about the who, why and what. If you have missed this one, keep your eyes peeled for the next one! wink

💬 GENERAL AND OFF TOPIC 

Poetry Corner

Our lovely member @Pennywren  has started a new thread in the Off Topic board for each and everyone of you enjoying poetry (and maybe even share one of two yourself?)!

❤️Love Week on the O2 Community❤️ 

We also celebrated the beginning of Spring with a special Love Week on our O2 Community! Check out what amazing things everyone came up with and maybe you have some ideas for our next Love Week too? smiling

Monthly Book Thread - February 2021 

Do you like books? Then check out our first monthly book thread with a lot of great suggestions on good reads for example by our avid book-lover @Cleoriff . Any suggestions yourself? - Make sure to share them with us!

Gaming Thread

Our @Anonymous  started a new thread on gaming. And if you are into gaming either on PC or consoles, then why don’t you join in with your thoughts on what’s good and new (and what isn’t)! 

Random Acts of Kindness Day

With a month filled with love, Random Acts of Kindness Day wasn't far! Sharing how important kindness is for us and those around us, our members pointed out how crucial it is to not forget kindness beyond this reminder.

What are your favourite moments or discussions from last month on the community? Share them with us below! point_down

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Plenty of great content this month @TheresaV

For me, I can eventually watch Disney on TV. We had a Sony TV and unfortunately it was running the wrong OS and we couldn't watch Disney on it. So hey, we bought a new TV. Cracking and now able to watch Disney on TV!!joy

Poetry Corner and the Monthly book club are great additions to the forum.

I know nothing about Rugby but joined in and found myself top of the leaserboard.... #whatafluke. Hero

Love Week was great. Particularly brilliant to see so many weird and wonderful folk joining in with the One sentence Love Story. I read it again yesterday and laughed all the way through it. LOL

I also have to add that every month is excellent with @Mi-Amigo's White Room Quiz and Word Hunt Diamond. Something many of us look forward to every week.

Just to add, March will be great for me as Formula 1 starts at the end of this month. Also Netflix will be releasing series 3 of Drive To Survive on March 19th. It will be all about last years F1. I CAN'T WAIT Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Busy old month this time!
New releases on Disney are the thing I am most excited about. Black Widow being pushed back and back means WandaVision and Falcon are the next Marvel fix!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 15

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TheresaV for the Community Recap for February.

There was plenty and something for everyone this month and would like to mention a few of the many things which I enjoyed this month.

Poetry Corner - a welcome addition to Off Topic thanks to @Pennywren, in which I`ve had the chance to post a few rather mad "poems" joy

Love Week - especially @Cleoriff `s One Sentence story joy 

Rugby Six Mantions - I know nothing about rugby but it`s been fun trying to guess the score in @Chris_K `s Ruby Six Nations.

Wednesday laugh - thank you @Bambino for making me laugh

And I would like to thank @Cleoriff for your kind comments about the White Room Quiz and Word Hunt Diamond. It is a privilege to run these and I`m so pleased that so many take part in each quiz and game and would like to thank the members who have recently joined with the regulars in hving fun with these.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pfft.. it wasn't bad
Message 5 of 15

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

It was such a great month wasn't it @Cleoriff! I feel like I got to know everyone a lot better, partly due to seeing everyone's real character shine through in the One Sentence "Love" Story rofl

But I do think we had some great discussions last months and from what it looks like, there is some great stuff we can chat about this month too. ALTHOUGH I am sorry but I have literally no idea about Formula 1 upside_down So I think I will leave that to the experts and stay with books and movies joy But maybe we can have another movie night!?

And you are right, @Mi-Amigo should get a special mention each month for keeping us busy and excited with his excellent games wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 6 of 15

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Busy old month this time!
New releases on Disney are the thing I am most excited about. Black Widow being pushed back and back means WandaVision and Falcon are the next Marvel fix!

Ohhh yes it's definitely all about the new releases for me too @gmarkj. I think you will find someone in @Chris_K and @Martin-O2 to discuss Wandavision. They both absolutely love it and as far as I know today is the last episode? I am yet to watch it myself though, so no spoilers please joy

signature

Message 7 of 15

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Pfft.. it wasn't bad

giphy (1).gif

signature

Message 8 of 15

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thank you @TheresaV for the Community Recap for February.

There was plenty and something for everyone this month and would like to mention a few of the many things which I enjoyed this month.

Poetry Corner - a welcome addition to Off Topic thanks to @Pennywren, in which I`ve had the chance to post a few rather mad "poems" joy

Love Week - especially @Cleoriff `s One Sentence story joy 

Rugby Six Mantions - I know nothing about rugby but it`s been fun trying to guess the score in @Chris_K `s Ruby Six Nations.

Wednesday laugh - thank you @Bambino for making me laugh

And I would like to thank @Cleoriff for your kind comments about the White Room Quiz and Word Hunt Diamond. It is a privilege to run these and I`m so pleased that so many take part in each quiz and game and would like to thank the members who have recently joined with the regulars in hving fun with these.

Thanks so much for adding your favourites from last month @Mi-Amigo, it truly had something for everyone sweat_smile I myself for example can't wait for the next movie night with you all but also have to admit that I very much look forward to the Word Hunt Diamond every week (and am baffled again every week how @Cleoriff can find the nine letter word in like 0.2271 seconds joy)

signature

Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TheresaV 

I don't think I've ever found the 9 letter word in 0.2271 seconds. rofl

You can thank Countdown for that and more recently, another quiz game called Lingo. Worth watching if you want to unscramble words. Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15