Did you mean: 

Community Recap: February 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I don't know about you, but it felt like February went by really quickly!

Now that the month is over, we wanted to take some time to look back at what happened on the commmunity over the past few weeks. As always, we've had a lot of interesting discussions and really cool topics, and we picked a couple below. Please take a look, it's not too late to jump in and participate in any of the topics if you'd like to! Happy Dance

What were your highlights in February?

Community-related discussions and member news:

Community Spotlight: Sheepdog

For the first community spotlight of 2019, we asked Sheepdog a few questions to help you guys get to know him better - if you're curious about anything else, ask him in the comments. 💡

Access for all board

We launched a brand new board: in this space, you'll be able to find out all about O2’s Accessibility options, get support and share experiences. All feedback and ideas are welcome!

New homepage

At the beginning of this month, our new homepage went live. Thanks everyone for the feedback you've provided so far, we'll get back to you soon on the next steps, but if you have any further comments please head to this topic to share them. slight_smile

Announcements:

MWC 2019

Find out all about the exciting tech announced at MWC this year, and let us know which ones you found most interesting!

O2 5G to arrive in 2019

O2 will begin the rollout of its 5G network this year in the four corners of the UK, and you can find out all the available info on this here slight_smile

Device launches:

General discussions:

Let's have a get-together

Interested in meeting fellow Community members? Let Wispared7 know what you think of the idea! 

Tips to avoid unexpected charges on your bill

Share your suggestions on how to limit spending or avoiding unexpected charges. slight_smile

Business travel

Do you sometimes travel as part of your work? If not, do you wish you could? What sort of tips would you have for anyone planning a Business trip? Tell us everything. 🛫

What do you look for in a new phone?

We'd love to hear more about what you look for in a phone, what made you chose the one you currently use or would make you pick a new model! 

Desert Island Discs

Jump into this fun discussion by Mi-Amigo and share which records you'd bring along to a desert island. 🎵

O2 Priority board - gig discussions:

Which o2 Academy gig are you most interested in this year?

We listed some of the upcoming gigs at O2 Academy venues around the UK. Let us know which one caught your eye, or if there's a venue you've always wanted to go to! 

Using tech to watch gig/events

Do you have any experiences with (or interest in) any alternative ways of attending gigs? We'd love to hear how you liked it. slight_smile 

Reviews written by the community:

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

A great review of the Samsung galaxy Note 9 by Skyhawk1010 - if you haven't read it yet, why not go and take a look?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT 

Bye Bye February 2019 ~ nice to have known you!hugging

February saw all our daffs out and so pretty too, quite early this year.

I shall be changing my mobile phone this year because Microsoft will

stop supporting the Lumia 640 end of this year.  

Taking a good look around at prices and possibly will wait nearer the time

to see what is available to suit me. Looking at Samsung in particular.

February heralds Spring is coming and I  was quite busy throughout preparing

for my hobby The Red Mason Bees.  Their new homes having been re-made for this year

as they had a bumper year 2018!  

Looking forward to a great March.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Looking forward to a great March as well @TallTrees , and to hear more on your new phone choices as well - it'll be very exciting! smiling sunflower

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

i'm looking foward to March @EmilieT . The clocks go forward on Sunday 31st bringing us British Summer Time. Longer daylight. Can't wait.

Of course it brings great changes to our gardens and for me, the icing on the cake, F1 season starts on March 15th Joy of joys...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff  Out of all of that I only really knew about spring and colours coming back to plants and gardens around the city. I look forward to seeing some pictures of members' gardens, since I don't have one myself it'll be nice rose

I can only imagine how much you're looking forward to F1! Bouncy

signature

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

I can only imagine how much you're looking forward to F1! Bouncy

Been a long long wait without it @EmilieT  innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Shoutout to @EmilieT 

An excellent summary of the Community threads and posts for February 2019

(not because I got a mention Bow )

Nicely and clearly shows some of the topics discussed, chatted about, and shared.

Hopefully members - new and who haven`t posted in a while - will see something of interest and join in.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

The wait is almost over, at last @Cleoriff  Confused

And thanks for your kind words @Mi-Amigo, I'm glad to hear you think it's a pretty good overview! Was there any specific topic that stood out in February for you, that wasn't on the list? Or was it just a great month all-around wink

signature

Message 8 of 10

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

The wait is almost over, at last @Cleoriff  Confused

And thanks for your kind words @Mi-Amigo, I'm glad to hear you think it's a pretty good overview! Was there any specific topic that stood out in February for you, that wasn't on the list? Or was it just a great month all-around wink

I don`t think there was anything missing from the list @EmilieT . As a new member, there was so much to see, find out about, share, and join in with - so all in all February was a good month for me slight_smile

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's fair enough, @Mi-Amigo - there's always so much going on it's hard to put together a comprehensive overview, and what stands out for each member might be different than what stands out for another Confused

Roll on (the rest of) March! yahoo

signature

Message 10 of 10