Community Recap: August 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Sunset

Below you can find the monthly recap for August! Time's flying and we're already into September now but let's take a minute to look back at some of the amazing content and discussions from last month. 

📝 AMAZING CONTENT CREATED BY YOU

How to change your mobile number

Samsungfanboy created this fantastic guide on changing your mobile number which also includes some useful information on dealing with unwanted calls. 

Spend Caps on O2

If you're confused on spend caps then MI5's guide on the subject is just what you need. You can find out what is and isn't included and the guide covers both regular and business customers. 

Samsung Note 10 review

BOSSGOGG's first review on the community doesn't disappoint! This incredibly detailed review of the Samsung Note 10 is a must read for anyone due an upgrade and is interested in an Android handset. 

🗞️ NEWS, UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS

Join our trial!

The new virtual assistant Aura is now part of O2 and we need your help to make it even better! If you're interested in virtual assistants or helping to improve O2 products then join our trial!

💬 OFF TOPIC AND CHIT CHAT

Word Hunt Diamond - Game 1

We love games here on the O2 community and Mi-Amigo's Word Hunt Diamond is no exception! We have regular word games so get involved if you see one active! 

Deafness, Difficulties & Communication

Community member Jenny105 shared her experiences with being diagnosed with deafness and hearing loss. 

Community Spotlight: Madasaf1sh

Our community Spotlight series continued in August, and this time around the spotlight was on madasaf1sh! Drop in to say hi and learn a bit more about one of our regular members. 

This App Could Save Your Life

A fascinating discussion started by Bambino on the What3words app which divides the world into 57 trillion squares, each measuring 3m by 3m (10ft by 10ft) and each having a unique, randomly assigned three-word address.

New Mobile Phone Scam (Delivery)

Cleoriff warned the community of a new scam involving deliveries. Check out the topic so you don't get caught out! 

Bond 25 title and release date revealed

Techtamer shared the title and release date of the new Bond movie! Join in the discussion if you're a Bond fan or let us know if you hate the films.

We had an amazing month in Off Topic with 3,542 posts in total!! nerd

There were hundreds of other great discussions in August so let us know what you enjoyed taking part in below and what your highlights of the month were! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Must admit I have enjoyed most of August's topics @Martin-O2 

Though as I post a lot in Off Topic, I think I have probably enjoyed that the most.

I also think the reviews and new guides are excellent.

Mind you, I am concerned about the new phone scams, and also the very worrying ones where people are getting called multiple times from Borneo and Guinea etc etc, and being charged if they respond to the calls. Terrible.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92908 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Must admit I have enjoyed most of August's topics @Martin-O2 

Though as I post a lot in Off Topic, I think I have probably enjoyed that the most.

I also think the reviews and new guides are excellent.

Mind you, I am concerned about the new phone scams, and also the very worrying ones where people are getting called multiple times from Borneo and Guinea etc etc, and being charged if they respond to the calls. Terrible.

I agree, enjoyed reading and contributing for the most part.

Scams unfortunately become more sophisticated and devious, preying mainly on the elderly and the unaware.

Everything though has been very sadly eclipsed by the passing of Gloria and it's impossible to forget her sparkling personality. her wonderful contribution and on a personal note, just knowing that someone was also there on the community during the early morning hours to exchange PM's. A great loss to the community and though we had never met, we lost a good friend RIP  @Glory1

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I totally agree that the passing of @Glory1 has overshadowed everything this month. As I said on her thread, it just proves you don't need to have met someone in person to become great friends.

I will always remember her last words to me when I told her I was moving heaven and earth to find her lost phone. She laughed and said, 'if anyone can find it, you will Den'. Sadly I didn't.

We all lost a good friend in her.

Certain threads remind me of her. Strictly Come Dancing is one. She loved that programme as much as me. It starts this weekend and she isn't here to share it with me. I hope you dance in heaven Glory heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There is much which I have enjoyed this month but, as @jonsie and @Cleoriff  have said, all of it has been overshadowed with the passing of Gloria.

I will pause to remember her and her contributions to the threads on the Community.

R.I.P Glory.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 7

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I tried to sign in yesterday couldn't do it omg just heard about glory shame rest in peace also the F1 lover here for you see the f2 crash
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I totally agree that the passing of @Glory1 has overshadowed everything this month. As I said on her thread, it just proves you don't need to have met someone in person to become great friends.

I will always remember her last words to me when I told her I was moving heaven and earth to find her lost phone. She laughed and said, 'if anyone can find it, you will Den'. Sadly I didn't.

We all lost a good friend in her.

Certain threads remind me of her. Strictly Come Dancing is one. She loved that programme as much as me. It starts this weekend and she isn't here to share it with me. I hope you dance in heaven Glory heart

Thank you @Cleoriff I have a lovely picture in my mind of Gloria dancing in heaven xx

Message 7 of 7